The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project - Page 189 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2012, 08:22 PM   #1881
Turbon is offline Turbon  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Thanks lorriman. I have to check out the Fostexs. It have never occured to me that one could build headphones yourself...

Brgds
Old 19th January 2012, 08:24 PM   #1882
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbon View Post
Thanks lorriman. I have to check out the Fostexs. It have never occured to me that one could build headphones yourself...

Brgds
Well, it's not quite building; just a mod. A fairly easy one also.
Old 20th January 2012, 09:35 AM   #1883
diyAudio Member

Default My (untested) version of aux O2 power

This is the parts values and schematic for implementing auxiliary power for the O2 using a USB port or a 12VDC lighter socket. I'm deciding on a suitable case still and the circuit hasn't been built. Its main purpose is to recharge the O2's batteries, but the converter can output about +/-100mA. It could power some headphones.
It's nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. I just want it to work, and I think it will. Corrections will be most appreciated.
The switched LEDs are to keep a load on the converter, and provide a visual indication to plug-unplug without a live TRS plug. TRS seems the most practical connection. The socket is on the back panel (there's plenty of room in the B2 case above R1 & R2) using a grommet insulator.
Attached Images
File Type: png O2auxps0.png (35.1 KB, 335 views)
Old 20th January 2012, 09:50 AM   #1884
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
This is the parts values and schematic for implementing auxiliary power for the O2 using a USB port or a 12VDC lighter socket. I'm deciding on a suitable case still and the circuit hasn't been built. Its main purpose is to recharge the O2's batteries, but the converter can output about +/-100mA. It could power some headphones.
It's nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. I just want it to work, and I think it will. Corrections will be most appreciated.
The switched LEDs are to keep a load on the converter, and provide a visual indication to plug-unplug without a live TRS plug. TRS seems the most practical connection. The socket is on the back panel (there's plenty of room in the B2 case above R1 & R2) using a grommet insulator.
This is marvellous!!
Old 20th January 2012, 10:07 AM   #1885
diyAudio Member

I forgot to include that all caps need to be 20-25V or higher.
Old 20th January 2012, 01:24 PM   #1886
billyk is offline billyk  United States
diyAudio Member

@sofaspud I built very close to the exact thing to power Tangent's Mint circuit that I use as a pre amp for my car audio system. I don't use the USB input tho. Works well and does a fine job of isolating and regulating the car's power system from the pre amp circuit, not to mention the =/- power output!

Last edited by billyk; 20th January 2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 20th January 2012, 02:26 PM   #1887
diyAudio Member

Does anyone know of a similar power supply quoted other than the WAU12-200?
Old 20th January 2012, 07:38 PM   #1888
diyAudio Member

Default UK - Enclosures

If anyone's interested, CPC in the UK are running a promotion at present, offering free shipping on orders over 10 (excl. VAT) - usually, you have to order 40 worth of stuff to qualify for free shipping. Anyhow, this offer runs until 23 Jan - and they sell the O2 enclosures, e.g. BOX ENCLOSURES|B2-080BK|ALUMINIUM INSTRUMENT HOUSING | CPC

Old 20th January 2012, 07:42 PM   #1889
diyAudio Member

@Lorriman - thanks for the heads up on the Superlux HD681 - currently 19.49 from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superlux-HD6...7092021&sr=8-1
lots of interesting reviews, got to be worth a try, so I've ordered a pair.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:58 PM   #1890
diyAudio Member

Hey guys I'd figure I would just post in this thread as well. I have a 5 page thread about how I just built two Objective 2 amps and neither will work on AC power. They both work just fine with batteries installed but not on AC power. Please help me! It must be something I am doing wrong or have a bad part. I've tried various tests with no luck!

Hide this!Advertise here!