"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's

SE-SE Stereo Kit x 2
BAL-SE Stereo Kit x 2
PSU Kit x4
SE-SE pcb x 2
BAL-SE pcb x 2
PSU pcb x4

Can I use BAL-SE kit for SE input as well by wiring up another jack? On the same note BAL-BAL kit can do both BAL and SE output at the same time?

-Joe

Last edited:
I am in for 1 BAL-BAL PCB and one PSU PCB.

Previously, I opted for two BAL-BAL PCBs (and PSU PCBs) but I shall go out for your power amp, too.

Thanks very much!

Heinz, if you are going for the power amp, you should get 2 extra psu pcbs here, the amp is designed to use this psu for the input stage regulated supply and will stack, or rather sit underneath on the edge.

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks to all who have updated their orders! I sent out a note to those I haven't heard from, so hopefully I get the list fully up to date shortly.

I've attached an updated list which include everything up to this post. Anyone who has confirmed is in bold black font, and anyone I have yet to hear from is in red.

I'll get the layouts for each amp posted this evening along with sizes.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• THE WIRE - SECOND RUN - UPDATE 9-20-2011.pdf
    39.1 KB · Views: 132

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Thanks Guys!

The list has been updated and I'll post the updated list tomorrow when I hear from a few more people.

I'm starting to get the layout screenshots together slowly, so we'll start with the SE-SE PCB. It will be 2.25" x 1.25" in size which makes it a great candidate for portable applications. The bolt holes are at:

125, 125 mils
125, 1125 mils
2125, 125 mils
2125, 1125 mils

There are components on the front and back of the board, but the components on the back are not visible in the screenshot.

Grounds between channels are isolated, but you can connect them at the output or the input side of the board via 0R jumpers. PSU inputs are setup for dual mono, but can be run of a single PSU if desired.

The other amps will follow as I put on the finishing touches.

Cheers,
Owen

Attachments

• SE-SE LAYOUT.png
    SE-SE LAYOUT.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 642