"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's

opc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Wendell,

The tabs should be soldered to the pads. You can either use solder paste and an iron, or just normal solder applied to the tab and allowed to flow underneath by lightly lifting the part while applying solder and then pushing it back down.

Regards,
Owen

Took me a while to get to The Wire as well..
Had all the parts lying around but only got round to assembling it a few weeks ago.
I'm torn between making a compact head-amp or a head-amp/PC desktop preamp combo.

Attachments

• Photo 3-2-12 14 28 09.jpg
    Photo 3-2-12 14 28 09.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 584
do you have any suggestions where to get a SE-SE full kit?

I'm the one who should be sorry. I was making a joke but it did not fly. Boulder is a city about an hour to the South of where I live, described (lovingly) by locals as "thirty five square miles surrounded by reality". The question you asked fits into that category.

There are no kits, no boards, a long waiting list, and a junk yard dog to bite newbiez asking that question. Have you had rabies shots?

On a serious note, ONLY opc can address your question. A personal message to him might get you on the list.

Chances of another GB? In a word, slim to none.

In the first post for the most recent variant of The Wire series, the LPUHP, opc posted:

Well, here we go again... but this will definitely be the last in the series for at least a year while I work on something a little more involved.

That post was dated 9th Jan 2012.

I am not opc but its my educated guess that since this is a hobby of opc's its not likely that simply upping the prices a bit will increase his interest in becoming a diy kit business.

Last edited: