Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2011, 03:56 PM   #411
agdr is offline agdr  United States
diyAudio Member

OK, that did it. I'll have to start considering kits instead of boards. I'll wait until the kit details and pricing are finalized before changing again though.

I've been meaning to check if 0.01% resistors are available in SMD. Apparently they are! I haven't bought all that many surface mount parts, but I use 0.1% through-hole resistors quite a bit - best tolerance I can typically get in through hole - for PS resistive dividers, op amp gain setting, op amp input offset resistors, etc. Plus they have a lower temp coefficient.
Old 24th May 2011, 04:25 PM   #412
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
as the chips i'm recommending have a ground pin, the higher voltage reg would see double the voltage of the lower reg, so the sum of the 2 rails point to point has to be within the common mode operating limits of the device.
just checked the DS; the lt1764a has a max vout of 20v, so this would only work up to a max of +/-10v, so just the proper bipolar supply of lt1764a/lt1185.

ok, you can switch off the qusp channel now. ive given my opinion too much of my opinion, i'll leave it to you opc.

just happens that ive done a lot of reading and playing with these regs and opamps lately. i always planned to add a buffer to the output to see how that went, so this is perfect and with the skills far above my own to design it.

night guys

Last edited by qusp; 24th May 2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 24th May 2011, 04:31 PM   #413
diyAudio Member

one last answer didnt see your post.

opc, i doubt that adding 1mm to either side of 4 pads on the board will impact as you say, but yes they are available in 0805, i just prefer the 1206 with these, as they are fiddly to solder as are specified for reflow being naked and all (DS recommends against using tweazers or hand soldering, but its possible). i have a blank 'the wire' in front of me and i could just about and probably could, fit the 1206 on the 0805 pad without interfering with any other trace, or object, and i roiutinely solder 0805 to a 1206 pad if i dont have the right part. so not sure how it would cause any problem at all. but as i said i'll leave it up to you and i'll find something to fit. the vishay melf are also 1206, which are not as expensive and still foil rather than film

yep thats what i mean Sergelisses.

just checked: it actually does fit, could use 0.5mm wiggle, but i'll make it work either way

Last edited by qusp; 24th May 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 24th May 2011, 04:52 PM   #414
diyAudio Member

edit dp

Last edited by qusp; 24th May 2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 24th May 2011, 05:40 PM   #415
diyAudio Member

actually looking again i had something else in mind Sergelisses. i'll send you a pm tomorrow after drawing it up, dont want to go further along that path unless its where the design is going. i need to sleep before i send people insane (too late) with crappy punctuation

Last edited by qusp; 24th May 2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 24th May 2011, 10:28 PM   #416
diyAudio Member

Hi

Please put me on the list with balanced to SE full kit with PSU.

Rgds,
Jacek
Old 25th May 2011, 05:41 PM   #417
diyAudio Member

Hi, count me in

1. Board only (maybe hard to find/source parts depends on the cost)
2. No PSU
3. Fully Balanced version
4. One Unit

Thank's
Old 26th May 2011, 02:03 AM   #418
rtos is offline rtos  United States
diyAudio Member

I think I would be interested:

1. Full kit
2. PSU included
3. SE to SE
4. At least one, probably two units
Old 26th May 2011, 04:39 AM   #419
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

Layout is still progressing, and things will probably be much easier to do without any connectors on the boards.

Since several people here have voiced an opinion to get rid of the on-board connectors, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do.

I'll either use a solder pad, some 0.1" header pins, or Faston.

I've updated the list with all the latest requests, so please check it over an make sure you're put down for the right item and QTY.

I'll be away for the weekend, but I'll keep everyone posted on any progress.

Thanks,
Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf THE WIRE - SECOND RUN 2.pdf (21.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 26th May 2011, 08:47 AM   #420
rellum is offline rellum  France
diyAudio Member

Hi OPC,

I confirm my choice : ONE FULL kit BAL-BAL + PSU

Thanks,
Francis

Hide this!Advertise here!