"The Wire" Ultra-High Performance Headphone Amplifier - PCB's - Page 101 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Headphone Systems

Headphone Systems Everything to do with Headphones

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2011, 08:51 AM   #1001
GLooP is offline GLooP  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

Thank you, qusp. I was asking because I have some quantities left of these.
Old 5th December 2011, 10:46 AM   #1002
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

no problem, you could conceivably do it if you used a socket and added the compensation, alternatively if you raised the gain to x4-5 it would work fine. its just i see these chips rolled into unsuitable circuits so often

half your luck having too many ad797, wanna sell some? i need some for regulators

Last edited by qusp; 5th December 2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:03 PM   #1003
GLooP is offline GLooP  Bulgaria
diyAudio Member

They are not that much. I just expect this part to be discontinued soon and decided to keep several pcs for black days. So far I'm most impressed by ADA4637-1BR but they are quite expensive. I'm yet to try LME49990 if it is really that good.

I've read almost the whole thread but I still have this in my head: what are the benefits of SMD vs through-hole, except size/reduced signal traces? Are differences within levels of perception?
Old 5th December 2011, 02:11 PM   #1004
opc is offline opc  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi Guys,

After agdr's question about the pot on the PSU I realized I hadn't posted updated schematics for quite a while.

I've attached a PDF which is the absolute final version of all kits, and this is exactly what will be shipped in each kit.

The schematic has information for each part embedded, so just click on the part you're interested in, and it will tell you everything you need to know about it.

I'll post updated BOM's later today.

Regards,
Owen
Attached Files
File Type: pdf THE WIRE - FINAL SCH.pdf (129.1 KB, 695 views)
Old 5th December 2011, 04:35 PM   #1005
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

Default howD'jaDoIt?

OPC, you are the man! Setting new standards for everything! OK, how did you do that PDF?
Old 5th December 2011, 07:06 PM   #1006
diyAudio Member

I expect he just exported it from his PCB design package
Old 5th December 2011, 09:02 PM   #1007
diyAudio Member

LOL, didn't see a schematic earlier, hefty f*ckin supply bypassing :-)
Old 6th December 2011, 03:44 AM   #1008
Nevod is offline Nevod  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Nevod
Will there be "The Wire II"?
How about some really fast diff-amps, like AD8351 as input stage?
And how about using capacitance multiplier in the power supply? Just 4 more transistors for a much better performance.
Sorry if I'm too much off-topic.
Old 6th December 2011, 06:10 AM   #1009
diyAudio Member

A headphone amplifier is an audio amplifier designed particularly to drive headphones instead of loudspeakers. You have finished your project and I want to say you thank a lot for share wonderful information.
Old 6th December 2011, 06:22 AM   #1010
diyAudio Member

@nevod: you have actually SEEN the performance of the current amp and read the datasheet of the amp you propose right? can you show any cause whatsoever why using an RF driver for audio presents an improvement? the needed compensation to slow it down. CMRR of this one sits at only 40db, has a typical output common mode offset of 40mV, max single rail supply voltage of 5.5v, so would need a totally separate power supply. max output of only 4.75v p2p, noise is orders of magnitude higher than opa1632, the speed is of no practical benefit whatsoever and that is what it has been tuned for at the expense of good performance where its actually useful for audio

Hide this!Advertise here!