• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ODAC - European and Worldwide pre-orders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you post some preliminary impressions? I have ordered ODAC and very temted to get it. Need some impressions to keep calm.

Sure, they will be very subjective though as my ears are still smiling :hphones:

went to my workshop earlier and soldered a couple of the bridges and connectors, went smooth, but the allignment of the connector takes a bit as they sit fairly loose in the guiding holes.

connector:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

jumpers:
soldered about 3mm snippets of resistor wire in also a "blob" of solder might just do as well.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And this is what I spent the last hours with:

did not mount it in the O2, not sure I ever will. Will be patience and wait for the stand alone enclosure...

Having only a Fiio E10 as DAC so far I do not really have a high end comparison i could make, but I like it and will fit it in a couple of my projects :)

Stefan

PS: All paid orders are packed and will be shipped most likely on Thursday, so If you'd like your order shipped this week, please pay Wednesday at the latest.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi graffus,

if you have an RCA to XLR cable I see no problem, the box itself seems to have no RCA in?

Stefan

Yes, my monitors have RCA in, but i have my beloved Proel "jack to jack" cables so - in case - i will use a RCA (male) to Jack (female) adaptor and i will be ok :)

I only was wondering if i needed somewhat like a pre-amp, but if no, better. :D

Thx for the answer :)

Yes, my monitors have RCA in, but i have my beloved Proel "jack to jack" cables so - in case - i will use a RCA (male) to Jack (female) adaptor and i will be ok :)

I only was wondering if i needed somewhat like a pre-amp, but if no, better. :D

Thx for the answer :)

Hey graffus, I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Studio Monitors, I'm looking at either the Behringer B1030A or KRK Rokit RP5 G2, both are 5" woofers.

Have you had any experience with the Behringers since you already have the Rokit? They are both priced very similarly here in Australia with the Rokit being a little bit more expensive.

Also I'll be driving them with either my DACport or ODAC with 3.5 line out. I'd appreciate if you could comment on the Studio Monitors as I'm new to this type of speakers, I'm no mixer therefore will be using them for general listening together with my headphones ;)

Hey graffus, I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Studio Monitors, I'm looking at either the Behringer B1030A or KRK Rokit RP5 G2, both are 5" woofers.

Have you had any experience with the Behringers since you already have the Rokit? They are both priced very similarly here in Australia with the Rokit being a little bit more expensive.

Also I'll be driving them with either my DACport or ODAC with 3.5 line out. I'd appreciate if you could comment on the Studio Monitors as I'm new to this type of speakers, I'm no mixer therefore will be using them for general listening together with my headphones ;)

this is OT here i think so if you want we can continue in PM or another section of the forum. I didn’t tried those Behringers so i cannot tell you my experience but KRK is known for the very good construction and quality at this price ranges so i think the krks will be the better choose :)

Anyway, if you will use those monitors only for listening and not for producing i suggest you to search speakers instead of monitors since monitors are known for flat sound and not for "nice" sound. They reveal every imperfection and they are not made for a soft listening of sweet music ;)

I suggest you to find a good music shop, go there and listen some types of speakers with the same tracks and choose what you like. Anyway if you stay on the "monitors idea" i can only guarantee KRK are fantastic :)

Just as a small update, all parcels are packed for tomorrows post run, I have 5 payments from this batch outstanding, the ones marked orange in the sheet in post #77 please check your PM, Mailbox and Spamfilter ;)
If I have the payment by 06:30 CET tomorrow morning I can still ship them, else you would need to wait until the 2nd batch goes out.

Thanks, Stefan

Hi,

all orders paid for have been shipped today, the spreadsheet from post #77 has been updated with the tracking numbers (pain in the back as the lady from the post office has a worse hand writing than I do and that will mean something...)

All orders went by Priority mail and can be tracked here:

https://www.deutschepost.de/sendung/simpleQuery.html

In case it comes up in german language, the link to change to english is in the lower right corner. Shipping date: 24/05/2012

The German orders are shipped via DHL parcel, tracking: DHL | Global | English

Have fun waiting :D,

Stefan

Hi everyone,
first of all thanks for all the compliments from the ones that received their orders already, much appreciated.

Good news for the option 2 orders and the option one ones that are missing parts. I am just back from DHL where I picked up a car boot full of boxes :D
All missing parts are now available and I will start sending the invoices tonight. Next shipping run will be Friday or Saturday then.

The cases and panels for option 3 and 4 should arrive in the second half of June, still pushing the producer to speed things up a little ;)

Stefan

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.