• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

ODAC - European and Worldwide pre-orders

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Stefan,

Any idea when are you going to be getting the standalone cases for the ODAC?
Can you also please post a few pictures when you have a standalone ODAC in hand?

Cheers

Hi willmax,

spoke with the manufacturer on Friday, they will ship on the 19th.

My USB cable arrived today and works fine, kudos for providing such a great customer support!

Hi Zaireeka,

you are welcome. I only want happy customers ;)

Got the ODAC, thanks! Now I just need to figure out how to duct-tape it onto my prebuild O2...

There is a step by step instruction from Turbon in the general O2 thread here:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/head...eadphone-amp-diy-project-250.html#post3053465

I'm sooo very tempted to get one of these. Swalter, do you have any left atm?

Hi ma10,

sure I do ;) have a look at the pre-order sheet in post #77 (I actually should move it to my footer...)

Stefan

@swalter: uh, thanks, but that doesn't quite seem like what I had in mind... I bought the ODAC plate for the O2 thinking that I had to somehow budge the ODAC into the right position to make it fit. I didn't want to assemble a whole new O2 frontplate :/ I also saw that my MrSlim O2 has the battery ports soldered in, I worry that I have to get equipment to remove them to make the board fit.. also, what are these holes in the boards for? For putting in some kind of spacers? Sorry for newbing around :( now, how to do this...

@swalter: uh, thanks, but that doesn't quite seem like what I had in mind... I bought the ODAC plate for the O2 thinking that I had to somehow budge the ODAC into the right position to make it fit. I didn't want to assemble a whole new O2 frontplate :/ I also saw that my MrSlim O2 has the battery ports soldered in, I worry that I have to get equipment to remove them to make the board fit.. also, what are these holes in the boards for? For putting in some kind of spacers? Sorry for newbing around :( now, how to do this...

Ah, ok... I will take some pics in my workshop tomorrow when building one, then you can see how to fit it in nicely. You would still need a soldering iron though to connect it to the O2.

Stefan

That would be greatly appreciated :) Can't wait to get the ODAC wired up and running while preserving the O2 input, so I'd have to find a way to get the wires under the O2 board. And I have to somehow anchor the ODAC board securely to the O2 board. I have a primitive soldering iron laying around, hope that works.

Last edited:
Couple quick questions before ordering. Does the ODAC come with the nylon mounting screw to attach it to the O2? Also do you know when you'll have the replacement panel for O2 case (black)?

Hi vrillusions,

no nylon screw, but a simple M3x10 with two nuts and a washer will do, mounting it screw - O2 - nut - ODAC - washer - nut. The washer is important, as the nut might scratch the solder mask of the ODAC which could cause a short, no issue if you use the washer and a bit of care whilst assembling. The back panels are in stock and available in store, if you order an ODAC there just pick the option with the panel included, saves you a bit ;)

Stefan

Received and put the ODAC together with the O2, no issues whatsoever. Thanks a lot !

Inside I went for not fixing the ODAC at all, it fits quite nice and gets secured by battery fasteners and the usb-connector in its hole. I used some plastic tape to be shield the ODAC electrically.

I used a 5.5mm drill bit to make the hole for the line-out. I marked the position before I mounted the 3.5mm connector and later only soldered two points so I could adjust the position a little bit to make the fit perfect and then soldered the third point.

Attachments

• CRW_0446_small.JPG
    CRW_0446_small.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 303
  • CRW_0453_small.JPG
    CRW_0453_small.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 300
Hi everyone,

just a short update on the enclosures, they have been shipped today and should arrive here on Friday if customs does not delay it. meaning I have the weekend to assemble the ODACs and would start billing Sunday evening or Monday at the latest. Orders that are paid will ship on Wednesday next week or the week after.

Stefan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.