• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Scalable PSU/regulator GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bob,

I need enough for four filters, so I guess I need; 10 -470's, 80- MKTs, 1 kit, 1 transformer, 1 PSU board, & 1 pair of heat sinks. Is that right is that everything I need for 4 filter boards? Other than the resistors of course that is. Pls let me know what I owe you including shipping and I'll PayPal it to you.

Thx

Mike

Status report

Transformers are on order, due to arrive Friday.

Most parts are on order.

Digikey has the 1200 uF caps back ordered, but due to ship by the end of the month. The rest of the Digikey parts shipped today.

I bought 1N4007s instead of 1N4004. The 1N4007's 1000V rating makes no functional difference in this circuit.

Jens is looking at a transistor substitution, since the BC546C/556C are no longer available unless you buy 10,000+ pieces. I'm not really interested in shipping out $2 lots of transistors to make up the cost.

I've got 87 confirmed orders and 82 have paid. I have a few extra of everything, so if you need something let me know. Filter boards are almost gone.

All group buy parts have been ordered.

What transistors did I end up buying? Well, Jens asked nicely so how could I refuse? In 10 days be the proud owner of 10,000 BC546C and 10,000 BC556C (minus the 500 or so of each for the group buy)

So if your project calls for a TO-92 transistor and would benefit from higher gain and lower noise than the usual suspects drop me a line. Just watch the pin out - it is reversed from MPSA types so you have to reverse the orientation.

$5.00 for 50 $10 for 150 plus postage. I'll split that between the types if you'd like. Higher quantities mean lower prices.

I suspect it will be shipped on 5 sealed reels each. Minimum 10,000, muliple 2,000. The tape will make kitting a bit easier. I won't count, but my kid owes me for prom tickets ;)

A plug for Mouser - I ordered at 730 PM their time, and my order made the UPS pickup at 8PM. On top of that they bumped it up to 2nd day shipping at no added cost. My last order got bumped up to next day shipping from ground, too. I should have all the parts except the BCs and Panasonic caps when I get home on Monday.

To clarify, the PSU boards were designed to use the BC546C and BC556C.

I mentioned MPSA types because they are commonly used in the US and the BCs can be substituted by turning the package around. Similarly, the MPSA42/92 can be used in the PSU board by turning it around. They will have significantly less DC current gain (~40 vs 400-800 for the BCs), higher noise, and somewhat poorer performance.

If you buy your own BCs, use at least the B category, DC current gain 100-200.

BobEllis said:

A plug for Mouser - I ordered at 730 PM their time, and my order made the UPS pickup at 8PM. On top of that they bumped it up to 2nd day shipping at no added cost. My last order got bumped up to next day shipping from ground, too. I should have all the parts except the BCs and Panasonic caps when I get home on Monday.

When I order from Mouser, DK or Jameco I use USPS Priority Mail -- it usually arrives the next day -- and will make it on Saturday.

UPS has felt the competitive pressure, however. "UPS Ground" packages now arrive second day. Perhaps they have tempered the Teamster's mentality which forced a mandatory 7 day regimen on UPS-Ground.

FedEx has such high personnel turnover that they routinely deliver my packages to an auto-dealer in East Hanover, 8 miles away, or to a pleasant and retired old lady on the next street over.

Parts Kit info

I’ve got the parts kits in process. I’m still waiting on a couple of the resistors and the BCs, but the rest is packed. Taking BrianGT’s lead, I color coded the resistor tape for easier identification. I’ll come back later and add component designations. Kitting is going quicker than I expected.

The parts kit contains:

Resistors:
10 ea. 1K
4 ea. 10K (purple tape)
2 ea 2K (loose)
2 ea 100R (red tape)
2 ea 22K (blue tape)
4 ea 3.3K (green tape)

Semiconductors:
1 ea. MJE15032
1 ea. MJE15033
12 ea. 1N4007
2 ea. LM4040-10 (loose TO-92)
3 ea. BC546C (plain tape TO-92)
3 ea. BC556C (black tape TO-92)
2 ea. Green LED

Capacitors
8 ea. 1 uF (larger blue)
12 ea. 100 nF (small blue)
2 ea. 100 pF (red)
4 ea. 470 uF/25 V
4 ea 1200 uF/35V

Misc.
4 ea 2 position screw terminal

I have plenty of boards, parts kits, transformers and some spare parts for anyone interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.