• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The sound coming from the pearl is very good, nice kit to build also !

Now I'm trying to get the PSU in a seperate chassis, with a height of 4CM ! Is it true that a toroid, 2x30V with 30VA has enough juice for both channels of the pearl ? Or should I buy 2 toroids, 1 for each channel.

Thanks in advance !

Pearl Kits

Promitheus,

I have just found this thread and interested in a full kit, have you any left?

Also at the risk of needing an asbestos suit can anyone point me to the basic project description because I cannot find the original Pearl thread, or anything on the PASS site.

Currently I have a Benz Micro Ace med Output (0.8) feeding a Project Tube box (2 X 12AX7) feeding a KT88 amp. Would the 0.8 output be too high for the Pearl phono stage or would it match OK?

Please go easy on me I'm a rank beginner in the audio world but would like to try a SS phono stage preferably one that will better the Tube Box :)

Most important property for a phono cable intended for MM-cartridges is its capacitance.

Remember, MM-cartridges need a certain capacitance (spec'ed by the manufacturer) for 'flat' frequency response. Otherwise you get too much or too little heights (or too much or too little bass, it's all relative).

Total capacitance always includes also the cable, so if your cart needs 300pF and you have 1m of 150pf/m cable, you need a 150pF cap at the input.

Have fun, Hannes

Thanks

Thanks for the information.

Another thought has crossed my mind regarding matching of my Cartridge. I have a Benz Micro Ace M, the output being in the order of 800uV, in other words in between LO and HO carts.

What do I need to do to set the correct gain in the Pearl? I will be building the Pearl and the MC Pre stage. I decided to add the MC Pre because I might want to add a LO Cart at some time in the future.

My present Phono stage is about 60dB on paper and it does not seem to overdrive my amp with the Benz so I guess I could try the full gain on the Pearl as a starting point, but would I prefer a more scientific solution.

Unfortunately I am not learned enough to work it out without some guidance :ashamed:

Yippeee!!!!

Hi Promitheus,

Thanks for a great kit and superbly packed, arrived this morning :drool:

The little "Gummi Baren" are appreciated too :)

Now I must find a suitable Toroidal or two ;)

And my glasses. Last kit I built the resistors had nice coloured stripes!

Must be a long time now as I could see the writing without glasses :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.