• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh no !!!

I just started assembling my pearl (bought the boards about a year ago !!!), and I forgot to put plastic washers on the base of the heatsink to isolate it from the board !!! (and I can't remove it, as desoldering the heatsink ... well ...).

But anyway, I've got some kapton tape, which I've used previously to isolate components from heatsinks, so would it be sufficient to slide some in between the heatsink and the board ? I've checked, and the heatsinks, hence the mosfet, are shorted to ground :(

(it's ok, haven't applied power yet !)

Hi,

I have a pair of boards I bought that don't seem to have the plastic spacers either. Both measure fine on the meter, but I was wondering if this was an essential fitting, or just desirable?

Clearly a risk of lifting tracks etc, but have you tried a desolder pump (initially) and braid (for last bits) to release the heatsink? I'll try this on mine (after unbolting the transistor) and see if it's possible to remove the sinks easily. If the spacers raise the height of the mounting hole, then I'll have to just get some heat into the transistor pins and pull them out a bit.

Cheers

Jon

Of all the things I have, I never invested in a pump :(

I slipped in the insulator, and I no longer have a dead short between ground and the heatsink, but I do measure a resistance (I think about 50k), so it's not an open circuit.

My multimeter is a tad sucky though, and really need to invest in a decent one.

Hello,
it´s been a long time. I am sorry for the delay in shipping but it was really hard to get the KITs complete.

If somebody didnt get an answer to an Email or a KIT they ordered please get in touch with me as soon as possible. I did a slopy job this time and I don´t want anybody to loose a KIT or money.

All Pearl KITs and MC Pre Pre KITs are ready and will be shipped directly.

promitheus said:
Hello,
it´s been a long time. I am sorry for the delay in shipping but it was really hard to get the KITs complete.

If somebody didnt get an answer to an Email or a KIT they ordered please get in touch with me as soon as possible. I did a slopy job this time and I don´t want anybody to loose a KIT or money.

All Pearl KITs and MC Pre Pre KITs are ready and will be shipped directly.

if there are any leftover boards, I'd be interested in take one, even if it's only a single channel. just let me know!

Hi Promitheus,

Good to hear from you. I understand you have been very busy in the past.
I have shown my interest in such kits to also by sending you a PN. Unfortunately I didn't get any reply, thus my question:
Did you put me on your list?

Thanks and best regards

Gerd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.