• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4 GB!

It will require a basic +/-56V PSU for 250W into 4ohm load. Transformer will need to be 40-0-40 with at least 700VA for two channels or 350VA for one channel, or a 700W SMPS for two channels. For 8ohm load it will need 500VA for two channels as output will be around 160W per channel.

My pleasure.

Yes that orientation does have its advantages and in the past I did release a couple layouts that allowed for it. Advantages of having them underboard outnumber other methods. I like it for its simplicity of mounting, heatsink sharing with VAS transistors and saving of space inside chassis.

Last edited:
Awesome, was thinking, why can’t someone start a cabinet GB...its pain in the **s to find one here in India...buying via DIY cart is like paying in Dollars...not worth that cost..n of course next to no choice

I always use MakerBeam XL parts or similar, buying some heat-sinks which fit to the measurements and let make the top/bottom and front/back plates from a laser shop by my own drawings. Even if You would do it in V4A it´s cheaper then a case from Modu.

Meanwhile, the CRC PSU is almost ready.

It will have two independent fully discrete speaker protection circuits powered directly from the rails with equal loading on both rails and no need for a 12V PSU, smooth bypassing of rail resistors during high transient current demand, pads for both TO220 and TO247 diodes that can be mounted underboard and fixed on chassis floor requiring no additional heatsinking, accommodation for relays in different form factors with 10/20/30A contacts and MOSFET driving of relays if desired. There will be two variations, one for center tapped and another for split secondary transformers.

Ordering prototype with 10A relay pads, no fuse holders and center tap AC for error checking and tuning early next week. :treasure:

This Christmas is going to be exciting for sure! ;) :)

Edit: This is the PeeCeeBee PSU! Ambiguous name as usual. :D

Attachments

• ps smpl.jpg
    ps smpl.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 330
Last edited: