• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for RTX6001 Audio Analyzer with AK5394A and AK4490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your interest in the RTX6001 Audio Analyzer. In total 86 Analyzers have been signed up for.

The GB is now officially closed.

A few members haven't sent an email to RTX yet. Please make sure to send an email with the necessary information.:smash:
One member has sent an email recently, but has not registered here on the forum.

I see my name on the final list.
But my bad memories...
I cannot recalled whether I sent the email to RTX or not.
Tonight, I resent one anyway.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Unfortunately there will be some additional delay. The component sourcing turned out to give some unexpected challenges.

Some of the mechanical parts have to be slightly modified and reordered because the power switch with the cable has been discontinued by the supplier. So we had to develop a different solution, which also requires a change of the front and rear plates.

We expect to get the last components in week 38 (week of September 18). Realistically this means that finished units will not be ready for shipment before October.

On the positive side, the PCB's are being assembled at the moment. So I hope to have them fairly soon. And we plan to do the basic tests ahead of getting the mechanical parts for final assembly and adjustment.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It must be frustrating to have to share news like this, I expected and accepted that delays were highly likely with a project this ambitious. Do you think further delays are likely, if so please let us know. I have no plans to exit the group buy, but I now need to purchase hardware to bridge the gap, particularly if as I suspect we are really talking about somewhere close to year's end.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
It is frustrating, yes.

But I don't think that it will be quite as bad as you describe. We expect to receive the assembled PCB's on Friday this week. So hopefully we can have the boards programmed and tested before the last (mechanical) parts arrive. Then we only need to do the final assembly and calibration before we can start the shipment. It may take a while to get all 100 fully assembled and tested, but I expect that we will start the shipments as soon as we have a reasonable number ready.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
The assembled boards have arrived. The Main Board came this week, the other boards came last week.
We are still waiting for some parts, primarily mechanical, to be manufactured and delivered.

Attachments

• LI7A8834_edit.jpg
    LI7A8834_edit.jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 524
Status
Not open for further replies.