• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards? Anyone interested?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I made this board for the gainclone this weekend, based on the components used in Peter Daniel's unit. It is in non-inverting configuration.

Any one interested in a group order of non-inverted LM3875 pc boards?

For resistors, Caddock MK132V resistors were used for the input, shunt and feedback resistors. A Riken 680 ohm resistor was used for the resistor setting the gain with the NFB resistor. The board is designed with these components in mind, so the group order could also include these components.

As far as power supply capacitors, the board has room and component pads for using the BlackGate 1000uF 50v caps, Panasonic FC 50v 1000uF caps and Panasonic FK SMD 1000uF capacitors (new product).

I am also looking at making a power supply board to go with this.

Is anyone interested in a group order of these boards, and possibly also interested in a group order of the components used on the boards if we can get a substantial discount over single unit quantities?

More info & to get on the list:

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=NI+GC+PCB+Group+Order

Order Form

-- Brian

Attachments

• ni-gc-pcb-final.gif
    ni-gc-pcb-final.gif
    32.6 KB · Views: 10,658
Yes I am

I am in on the boards and the other components as well. The PS board too if you design it. I guess that we can source our own caps as I am sure everyone will not want the same ones. I will probably be in for 20 or so channels worth. It looks like that would be 5 boards.

Thanks for taking the initiative. If you need any assistance along the way, let me know.

Jeff

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Brian,

You know me, if there are boards for sale, I'm in. I guess I would be interested in a couple.

BTW, to those thinking about getting boards, if you need parts, read on.

If you're a Cardas fan, the 2nd annual Cardas bulk purchase is well under way. If you're interested see this thread in the trading Post Forum and the WIKI Page for details.

I have already started to send order confirmation emails to those that already placed their orders.

I will be accepting requests for the price list up until Wednesday, the 25th at 12 midnight EST.

PS: I will delete this post after Wednesday.

alltough

I prefer Peer peer connection and have made quite a few gc sets I would be interested in 2 boards provided all the right components can come with it.

Power supply pcb is not really essentials but, again, if they can come with the good stuff components, write me down for 4 of them !

Jean-Pierre

Well, I just did a quick calculation based on www.partsconnexion.com, and here's what I came up with:

Caddock 220R, CADDOCK- 62279, $3.55
Caddock 22K, CADDOCK- 51206, $3.55
Riken 680R, RIKEN- 62147, $3.20

Are these the right resistors btw?

That's $10.30 per channel for the 3 resistors (pricey little things, aren't they?), but there may be a discount. Also, if anyone else knows of a cheaper place to get resistors from, they should suggest it. (I'm sure there is).

If partsconnexion is in fact the cheapest, I would be more than willing to do the order from them, and re-ship it to everyone, as this would save a bit of money when it comes to customs (if someone from the statest orders it they'll for customs b/c of canadian origin), as well, it'll cut down on shipping (cheaper to ship it within canada originally, then separately to everywhere else.
The shipping then within canada would be around $2.50 for a standard bubble envelope, and like $3-$4 for US shipping.

Anyway, just something I came up with at work. If someone else knows of a cheaper place, please do recommend it. I would definitely be interested in a resistor + capacitor pack, and wouldn't mind organizing something.

I think you took the wrong riken this is the 0,5W variaty:

RIKEN- 62079 680R $2.40

But where there not also some Vishay resistors in PD:s schematic?

But then again PD might have specified a 1W Riken but it will not fit the PCB (lead spacing ~10mm)

/ Micke

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Well, if a bulk order is made of a significant amount, ordering from individual vendors for the resistors shouldn't matter too much.

Peter, can 20k MK132 resistors be used? It will lower the gain a bit, but it already seems high enough.

from Mouser.com
1 $ 3.400
10 $ 2.720
25 $ 2.520
50 $ 2.380
100 $ 2.240

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.