• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB is now closed. Total donation to diyAudio is 338.00

Here is the paid list. Let me know if I did not get you down and you paid!

flochini
aoc
dantwomey
ipolyakov
elfischiso
PKI
Odysseas
anilva
dimkasta
AD
vitalica
wirewiggler
6speed
badrisuper
Ryssen
skunark
number9
necplusultra
gmant123
nkdk
Rush
Secanbj
antoinel
SRMcGee
kasey197
Marra
ravid
andreas w.
1001meier
neoinc
vtr
generg
6L6 (Jim T.)
Botte
Cjkpkg
CeeVee
Arrow
Mordikai
Seve
Guiness
zman01
albertNL
Avincenty
gellen

GB is now closed. Total donation to diyAudio is 338.00

Here is the paid list. Let me know if I did not get you down and you paid!

flochini
aoc
dantwomey
ipolyakov
elfischiso
PKI
Odysseas
anilva
dimkasta
AD
vitalica
wirewiggler
6speed
badrisuper
Ryssen
skunark
number9
necplusultra
gmant123
nkdk
Rush
Secanbj
antoinel
SRMcGee
kasey197
Marra
ravid
andreas w.
1001meier
neoinc
vtr
generg
6L6 (Jim T.)
Botte
Cjkpkg
CeeVee
Arrow
Mordikai
Seve
Guiness
zman01
albertNL
Avincenty
gellen

Darn, haven't checked to group but section recently. Bummer.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Generg has been very patient with me, showing me the ropes of FFT scope software and setup. This may not be perfect, but here we show an example of F6 with a Cinemag transformer. It shows a smaller db level of THD for H2, or second harmonic. So this means more second harmonic distortion.

This is a 1K signal generated to provide 1W @ 2.83V across 8R output loading resistor. So this is what my firstwatt for F6 looks like.

The other transformers and channels are pretty similar. You can see some amount of 60Hz harmonic as well (hum), although I can't hear with my head to a 98db speaker. I will post more later.

Happy new year all!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 10.11.06 AM.png
    Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 10.11.06 AM.png
    783.8 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have a project for this amp on mouser. It contains all parts for Variable 2nd Harmonic layout and parts for PSU board from the diy store. If you want to save some time and use it, just let me know, I'll share it(FYI, total — $115). Or, if you know how I can save-share a project from mouser to post it here or in Tea-Bag blog, let me know :).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have asked Buzzforb if he is interested in getting a parts GB together.
I would recommend posting what you would like to see in the GB and post it here, then maybe he can put a desirable parts list to be available for some limited time.

Buzz, if you can chime in, any thoughts?

I sent Primrose of SumR transformers an email about the possiblity of drop shipping toroids to those who need them. I know there is a need in both the F5T GB and this one to source transformers, so it seems like a good option. Perhaps buyg multiples will bring the price more inline with Antek. It is probably also a good idea to see about which manufacturer of the small 600;600 transformer we would like to order from. Cinemag and Jensen are the best value, with Nelson recommending the Jensen. Tea said he liked it the best, so unless we just want to try the Cinemag because of cost, it seems the Jensen is the option. I could talk to BudP and see if he could make a custom batch for us. It would support a forum member and Bud has done this is whole life, but the choice is evryone's to make. I dont think any of them have them in stock, so it will be a wait. As for other components, we will haev to decide. I like PRP. For the Rs, I would suggest Caddocks or the low PPM Vishay. Throw the opinions out there

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I sent Primrose of SumR transformers an email about the possiblity of drop shipping toroids to those who need them. I know there is a need in both the F5T GB and this one to source transformers, so it seems like a good option. Perhaps buyg multiples will bring the price more inline with Antek. It is probably also a good idea to see about which manufacturer of the small 600;600 transformer we would like to order from. Cinemag and Jensen are the best value, with Nelson recommending the Jensen. Tea said he liked it the best, so unless we just want to try the Cinemag because of cost, it seems the Jensen is the option. I could talk to BudP and see if he could make a custom batch for us. It would support a forum member and Bud has done this is whole life, but the choice is evryone's to make. I dont think any of them have them in stock, so it will be a wait. As for other components, we will haev to decide. I like PRP. For the Rs, I would suggest Caddocks or the low PPM Vishay. Throw the opinions out there

I liked Cinemag a little over the Jensen, it had good tone, detail without much effort. Sounded realistic.

The Jensen brought a 'different' tone and maybe more detail. To me it sounded a bit euphonic or something. The most interesting of the bunch. But that is only to my ears. For dead neutrality, the Onetics takes the prize.

I have sent my Cinemag's to Generg to see what his thoughts are, I trust his ears over mine. He notes more variance then I do, but we agree on some fundemental likes, so I guess have similiar impressions.

For resistors, the TX2575 are the cream of the crop, next PRP followed by Dale, but I beleive the tone of the quadfilar transformer will outweigh changes in the resistor chain, as well as how you adjust for second harmonics. Adjusting that made the amp sound quite a bit different. It may be a lot in fact related to the sound of the Caddock power resistors I used.

Count me in for some SUMR transformers Buzz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.