• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB for F6 Convertible Clone boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here are some more assembly pictures, showing daugter card parts.
These are Harwin 10+10 @ 2.54mm pitch from mouser.

Attachments

• F6_withoutDaugtercard.jpg
    F6_withoutDaugtercard.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 969
  • daugtercards.jpg
    daugtercards.jpg
    949.5 KB · Views: 932
  • WithoutFets.jpg
    WithoutFets.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 915
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is the layout for the Cinemag PCB.
To the right, is the Cinemag running on a perfboard. Which tells me the wiring is correct, and that even a New England bloke can still P2P wire if he has too.

I will comment, listening to both IRF and R100 versions, The Cinemag itself is quite good, and feels very well constructed.

The tone between the IRF and and R100's is a bit different - without playing around with the Zen pots. yet. The IRF feels warmer and fleshy, with no loss on top or bottom. More notable than transformer changes.

Both respond really well to 4R load of CHR-70 speakers

Attachments

• cinemag_pcb.png
    cinemag_pcb.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 845
  • Cinemag_daughter_perfboard.JPG
    Cinemag_daughter_perfboard.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 775
Joined 2006
Paid Member
So what you are saying is that IRF sour better than R100?! It is good, but I am a bit sad for payed tons for my four SemiS R transistors :).

I did not say that. They do sound different.
In my experience the SemiSouth can be toned to sound different ways, very clear and clean, very smooth and toned, etc.
Probably the Semisouth will excel with detail and soundstage -and zen pots will alter tone - but I told you guys not to take my thoughts too seriously. I am testing on speakers that are < $50 each for now. I am more after proof of concept than anything else, and to make sure the PCB's are viable for sale.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
GB will start tomorrow and end on 12/30/12

Just need to get some final pricing on a connector set if you want some. (not sure if my selection will work, or if I can get cheaper ones.)

It's the black connector set for main board and the male pins for the daughter cards.
Also included will be some plastic standoffs and plastic screws to keep transformer from floating away, although mine appear to not move when held sideways.

https://www.mouser.com/Search/Produ...46virtualkey57420000virtualkey855-M20-7831046

https://www.mouser.com/Search/Produ...46virtualkey57420000virtualkey855-M20-9981046

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Convertible

The GB has started for the F6 Clone Convertible PCB's.

Please pay up for the boards by the end of the day on 12/30/12 11:59EST.
Pricing includes a donation per board as listed in Post #1.

F6 Main boards are 18.00 per set (2 boards) does not include daughter cards.

A daughter card set is 9.00 per set (2 boards) These are available for Jensen, Onetics and Cinemag transformers with PC PINS.

Hardware kits to install the daughter card to the board are available as a set for $14.00 and extra male pins for the daughter cards are available for 3.00 for a set of 4.00.

These are optional kits, and one can buy there own 2 x 10 @ 2.54 pitch parts for the boards of course.

Optional Dual Rail Power supply is available as well. These are 22.00 with a minimum 7.00 shipping.

Shipping is as follows
Shipping stereo set 2 main boards and daughter cards is 7.00
Extra set of daughter cards shipping add 1.00
Extra set of main boards or power supply add 2.00
Each additional extra set add 2.00 for shipping.

If ordered with boards, the shipping on the optional hardware is no additional cost.

In the Paypal Notes, please be sure to include your DIYAUDIONAME and list of parts your ordering, including pricing to delay confusion and emails etc.
Orders that do not have this information will be refunded!

Do Not ask for me to reduce Customs Form Pricing, this is illegal to do.

Paypal address is listed in the spreadsheet under column J, please do not paste to thread, or "Cut" from spreadsheet.

Let me know if there are any questions. Thank you.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
before buying the boards.

Are the semis the only devices that work with this or are there other options available at a reasonable price?

I've used IRF240's as stated in an above post. The only variations was that I used were

1. two blue LEDs to get the current ~ 1.5A level (there is room for two - jumper one for SemiSouth's)

2 . The source resistors can't be that low - or non-existent. I used a 1R, and plan on adding a 10R pots to play with harmonics, but a single turn unit that I will mark so I don't go too low in source resistance. The tempco of the MOSFETs can be troublesome doing that below say .33R net I believe.

I assume Nelson or someone else may come up with better values of Resistors etc for optimal performance with IRF's, but I did not notice any significant difference in gain.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
EMS SHIPPING OPTIONAL

I just saw you added the Global Express option for $38

Is that rate flat for all international shipments? Or should we just add up the shipment costs you define above that?

That should be good for up to 4 lbs of stuff. No extra.
Some people in the last GB asked for this, so it's available now to all. It wasn't all that painful to do. For sensitive areas were time and tracking are important, it's been somewhat popular. It seems to ship in < week to most places.

The international priority boxes previously offered are seldom sent quicker than first class outside of the USA as far as I can tell, and are only beneficial again were weight of first class would exceed the first class shipping costs.

I think your order would be fine. If you want to go that route, just pay the difference, or I can cancel your previous payment.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.