• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage part GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jacco - sorry, there is a difference. Joachim is just very very dissapointed because this is his baby and I admit that much to him. Grufti (who so far has no reason to complain at all) is just joining the public Birger bashing and lifting it to a new level by suggesting wer are lucky Birger didn't defalcate the money. And this definetely goes too far.

The guy was just trying to help - may be it was a bit more complicated than he thought it would be, no reason to insult him. If one has a problem, why not address it to Birger directly?

Anyways, this is my last post not related to the parts. Discussing a person I don't even know in public is normally not my style.

Just think of the amount of transistors:

He ordered 200*250 BC327 and 337.
That's 100.000 pieces.

I think, the supplier was not able to deliver all -40 so there are also many -25. This is not Birgers fault.
Birger did not check 100.000 transistors. So, who of you would have done this?
Measuring my 250*2 is enough for me, I must admit.
Just ordered some BC-337.

Ulf

I'm a little disappointed that all the parts weren't perfect, but given the cost of the transistors it's a tiny inconvenience in the big scheme of things. I'm actually grateful that Birger invested all his time in running the group buy even if it wasn't a perfect outcome.

Let's not be too hard on him, I expect his actions were well intentioned and that he was just swamped by the sheer scale of it all.

I have some 2k resistors I don't need and no RIAA resistors to go with my crappy transistors, easy come easy go.

Much better English than mine but 100 % same meaning

"If blame is to be found let this be for constructive solution"
And the Solution is: I will give sq same of my transistors if he needs them

Find out whos near you and swap parts not only you get Joachim design you also be making new friends

Just think of the amount of transistors:

He ordered 200*250 BC327 and 337.
That's 100.000 pieces.

I think, the supplier was not able to deliver all -40 so there are also many -25. This is not Birgers fault.
Birger did not check 100.000 transistors. So, who of you would have done this?
Measuring my 250*2 is enough for me, I must admit.
Just ordered some BC-337.

Ulf

Mea culpa mea maxima culpa:D
I kept review of my R2 prety much toned down
still 200 or so went out
Did not mean to couse so much grieff
We all tought that it was going to be a brieze

No way I would have taken up such a task so still gratefull for goodies bag

Sven, Jacco - let me do a bit of explaining before my comment gets twisted completely out of shape. I actually wrote: "GOOD THING he didn't just run with the money."

That really isn't a comment on the current situation with the parts anymore. Have you done the math on the monster group buys that are becoming ever more common? 500 times 40 Euros is 20000 Euros. We collectively handed that amount to someone that essentially nobody here had ever met or talked to. Many people everywhere will scam others for a small fraction of that amount just today. I am willing to say "good thing" every time that doesn't happen on diyaudio.

I personally can't find anything offensive in that statement. I would be perfectly happy to have it directed at me: good thing I didn't just run with the money.

Birger is no nobody in the German Diy-scene, he runs another diy audio shop for parts and pcbs. It would have never come to my mind that he could just take the money and run. But of course the sheer final size of this GB was way beyond all expectations in any way.

Birger is no nobody in the German Diy-scene, he runs another diy audio shop for parts and pcbs.
Sorry,
but the man with the mentioned page is another Birger and has nothing to do with our B.
Btw,
the site is a reliable source for some projects !
It would have never come to my mind that he could just take the money and run. But of course the sheer final size of this GB was way beyond all expectations in any way.
I do think our B was simply overwhelmed by those 200 sets of parts.

SE COMPLETE

:hohoho:
Dear Friends,

Now I start the group buy for the Paradise phono stage Parts.

you get all parts for one stereo set.(Resistors from Dale, capacitors from Panasonic,Wima and Nichicon)

You will get 250 Transistors from the Type BC337 and BC327.

The transistors will matched by your self.

You can pay just with Paypal

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnaD3K3Y9Ht4dEdxOWhOYnVnUUNGdHpaWklTZ1F3dnc#gid=0

I will ship all orders to hessener and he sends them to you with the PCB´s.

A set cost by order of:

1-10 sets: 130€

10-100 sets: 110€

100-150 sets: 82€

150-200 sets: 78€

with best regards

Birger

Edit:

Hey Guy´s

I'm sorry to say that i close the GB when we have 200 Sets.

it is very much work for me to sort the components.

Now a small overview of the components:

All Resistors are Dale cmf55 with a tolerance of 1%

The capacitor for Riaa are Wima Fkp 2 with a tolerance of 2,5%

D44H11 and D45H11 are from STMicroelectronics

the rest of the semiconductor are from Fairchild Semiconductor.

The big electrolyte capacitors are Panasonic FR.

Mouser has not all components it in stock.I need to order a few components by Digikey.

I am afraid to say that the sets are now a little bit more expensive

The set now costs 85€.

best regards

Birger

i have see now .......... i am interesting at one set complete ........ something have buy it and now don't want ........... i buy.
thank and pardon for the question.
GP-ITALY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.