• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage part GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So it seems panasonic definitely changed their way of marking caps.
I was disappointed too when I unpacked the parts, having NEVER before seen a Panasonic cap without the manufacturer's 'M' logo on it.
So these electrolytics looked like no-names to me. On VERY close inspection they read 105°C FR, so they are ok - apart from the wrong footprint.

Also I am used to WIMA FKPs being green and having 'FKP' printed on them, but the manufacturer obviously changed this some time ago.

Half of my trimpots are wrong version (64X instead of 64Y) and the BC327 are the -25 type only. Everything else looks fine.

Just to calm everyone down. I've seen many Panasonic electrolytic caps from numerous reputable suppliers, none with Panasonic on them. They are usually only marked with the series (NHG, FC, FM or in this case FR). The one's from the group buy measures just like FM's. See attached images.

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Thank you, that actually makes sense. See the attached pic for the caps from the GB, so we can be sure this is the real stuff.

Attachments

• fr_600.jpg
    fr_600.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 284
I'm going to hold out and hope that my package will be correct when it arrives, but I'm getting the feeling I should have stuck to my gut and not bought into this group buy. Missing parts, wrong footprints, wrong parts that do not match the spec on the BOM??? Sh*t happens...but wow. :(

The future of diy electronics will possibly become a kind of race to sort out the fakes from the genuine parts, not only bought in the bay but also from formerly trusted suppliers.

Btw, I think the supplied Panasonics are genuine (made in Malaysia) - although the datasheets are very unclear about the precise look of the parts. Maybe this is a new trick to "counter-fool" the chinese deceivers who have become very good in printing golden sleeves to fake elnas, nichicons and the like.

Group buy for the Pardise Preregulator will not suffer so much from this problem.
I learned that you can not give this into the hand of a young, unexperienced apprentice.
It simple went over your head Birger. Go back to school, learn and come back. Over and Out.

Wow, pretty harsh words from the big boss!

Can you share what went wrong? I so far had not imagined any wilful misconduct. A mistake is easily made when preparing 200 bags...

Nothing from my side. I have not even seen that Birger guy in person and i did not choose him. I only know that he is a young Sennheiser apprentice.
I am simply disappointed, big time.
The slow and bad timing, the crippled information policy, wrong components, components do not fit into the footprint.
I simply do not want that my name is connected to such a mess.

At Birger,
i really appreciate your attempt.
But...
PCB is really nice, as several times mentioned before.
Little issue bout the silver....
Parts are really disappointing.
Recently spent a night with a real good friend last weekend,
just to learn, after all, after checking roundabout 800 trannies
each, maybe with eyes closed, we could populate a pair
of boards !
Those 25ers are a real holdup.
If you, Birger, would have been betrayed by your source,
please,do something about it.
To me, caps footprint is for a highest end project like this,
Brandname or not, simply not acceptable !
Those 332R simply dont fit properly all.
Theese 10R2W and 120R3W ....
I bought those parts sets for some friends of mine,
now i have to stand tall for this mess !
High end:D
For me, ive bought my parts at Buerklin and Reichelt in advance
in germany, with no issues at all !
There is, at least to me, no way to explain why those caps are not
matching their footprint.
Not to mention their questionable brand.
And yet, im not thru with it...
As a summary i have to state im not satisfied at all !
:redhot:
Btw,
this mess is not Alfreds or Joachims nor anyones fault exept the
starter of GB.

Last edited:
Birger was clearly in "way over his head" with the parts group buy. Good thing he didn't just run with the money.

I have not received anything at all so far, no pcb's no parts, but with luck that too will change in the next couple of weeks.

This is just impudent. You haven't even received any wrong parts or parts that look wrong, yet you think you are entitled to leave such an offensive comment. What have you contributed to this project so far?

Last edited:
Sven,

as a component freak there's no need for me to participate in a parts GB, so I only have Alfred's pretty boards, but I too agree with Mr Gerhard and grufti.
Difference is that Grufti may feel a need to release his anxiety, and I don't.

(you know how we can solve this)

Last edited:
I'm a little disappointed that all the parts weren't perfect, but given the cost of the transistors it's a tiny inconvenience in the big scheme of things. I'm actually grateful that Birger invested all his time in running the group buy even if it wasn't a perfect outcome.

Let's not be too hard on him, I expect his actions were well intentioned and that he was just swamped by the sheer scale of it all.

I have some 2k resistors I don't need and no RIAA resistors to go with my crappy transistors, easy come easy go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.