• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Joachim Gerhard Filter Buffer for ES9022

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi WK,
Just received the PCB and started work by going thru the BOM and schematic but seem like some of resistor value on the schematic is somewhat different from the BOM. Is there a updated schematic available?

Thanks

BoM for one PCB

4x 10R 0.5% SMD 0805 Digikey RR12Q10DCT-ND
6x 100R 0.5% SMD 0603 Digikey RR08P100DCT-ND
2x 0R SMD 0603 Digikey P0.0GCT-ND
2x 10k 0.5% SMD 0603 Digikey RR08P10.0KDCT-ND
2x 470R 0.5% SMD 0805 Digikey RR12P470DCT-ND

4x 220µF 25V Digikey P10271-ND
2x 150pF 16V PPS SMD 0603 Digikey PCF1461CT-ND

2x 18mH 5%, matched to 1% Mouser 434-02-183J

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...hard-filter-buffer-es9022-11.html#post3113690
The orginal schematics
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ng-new-ess-vout-dac-es9022-7.html#post2867664

syklab, I don't have the datasheet close at hand right now but from memory the first part of the schematic is the datasheet output filter which is assumed to be on the DAC board, it is on the xen audio ES9022 boards and also acko's ES9023 boards. I'm not familiar with details of other implementations of the ES9023 DACs.

I'd rather EUVL or WK or JG confirm components for other positions as I don't wish to lead you astray. Though I *think* 10k is for R4 and R5 represents the internal resistance in the inductor ...

Chris

Last edited:
Attached is the (original) schematics V3 according to which we built our prototype and made up the Bill of Material.
This is the exact circuit as on the PCB itself.

The following discrepancies exist between our schematics (V3) and that in the following link (version 3.1) :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ng-new-ess-vout-dac-es9022-7.html#post2867664

(the component designations below are according to the Joachim Gerhard schematics in the above link)

a) R6,C4 do not exist on the PCB, as they are part of the ES9023 DAC circuit.
b) R2, P1 are removed as we guarantee proper matching, and hence no need to trim DC offset.
c) R3 has been changed to 100R, and 2 additional gate stoppers added for the J111s.
d) R4 has remained 10k and not updated to 18.9k

This is identical to what we built, tested and then approved by Joachim.
Apart from the 10k/18.9k discrepancy, the bill of material remains correct.
You can count this one (R4 update) on me as my mistake.
And I'll see if we can send 200x 18.7k Susumu 0603 to Fran, before he sends them to everyone.
(18.9k is not stocked by Digikey.)

Hope it is clear,
Patrick

Attachments

• 9022 JG Filter Public 121217.pdf
    512.2 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:
Attached is the (original) schematics V3 according to which we built our prototype and made up the Bill of Material.

The following discrepancies exist between our schematics (V3) and that in the following link (version 3.1) :

(the component designations below are according to the Joachim Gerhard schematics in the above link)

b) R2, P1 are removed as we guarantee proper matching, and hence no need to trim DC offset.
c) R3 has been changed to 100R, and 2 additional gate stoppers added for the J111s.

And I'll see if we can send 200x 18.7k Susumu 0603 to Fran, before he sends them to everyone.

Hope it is clear,
Patrick

Hi,
According to the schematic that R4 is 100R and R1 is 10K. Is that correct ?

Best regards

Hope it is clear,
Patrick

Hi Patrick

Thanks for the above info but I’m not part of the GB and finding it a little difficult to source those 18K9 resistors.
Any idea where I may find some?
Thanks

Digikey has 18.7k. I consider 1% deviation close enough.
The inductors will have more variations.

Patrick

Hi Patrick
Thanks for the Info on the 18K7 which I have just ordered from Digikey.:)
Yup those inductors :D
I needed a few to get a close matched pair.
Looking forward to hearing the Filter Buffer and grateful to WK for all of his hard work matching and soldering.:hohoho:
Thanks again

Joined 2002
Paid Member
not sure why but i'm having problems opening your attachment.
In case you're having trouble with the PDF, here is the same file in jpeg format.
---Gary

Attachments

• JG_Filter_ES9023.JPG
    JG_Filter_ES9023.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 791
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have sent out x100pcs of JG Filter module (with jfet installed) in 58 packets by registered air mail (except the two local packets in Hong Kong) today.

Thanks for your patience.

WK and Patrick,
Just wanted to let you know that the boards arrived in today's post. Transit time from Hong Kong to California was pretty speedy - just over 1 week. Thanks for all the hard work measuring, soldering, and testing to get these out the door.

---Gary

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.