• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

Hi Ian,

thank you very much for your answer :)

Did someone do a comparsion to Allo Digione signature? I'm just looking for best SQ.

Regards,
Sebastian

If you want the best sound quality, buy the best clock first. Ian's module can't provide the best sound quality by itself, but determines the sound quality based on the clock you use. One of the advantages of Ian's module is that it allows users to simply change the clock. Allo’s module can not simply change the clock.

I found my Baffalo's left channel output voltage to be particularly low. Does this have anything to do with Ian previous teaching about SW1, SW2 adjustment, or Baffalo's bug? Or is it caused by other factors?

When I play a 0dB sine wave signal, theoretically I should measure about 2Vrms for both of the left and right channels on Baffalo. However, in fact, the left channel is only 0.6V and the right channel is 2.3V.

Recently, I also tried to use an output transformer to replace the IV module, so that I found that the volume of the left channel is particularly low. However, when Baffalo is connected with MERCURY, I will not notice that the volume of the left channel is particularly low. Perhaps the IV module has a feedback mechanism and automatically adjusts it to be consistent? Is it such a relationship? However, it seems that this may affect the sound quality? Does this Baffalo in my hand still imply this flaw? Buffalo-IIIsePRO seems to have many problems...

I found my Baffalo's left channel output voltage to be particularly low. Does this have anything to do with Ian previous teaching about SW1, SW2 adjustment, or Baffalo's bug? Or is it caused by other factors?

The buffalo III pro outputs a lot of current and regular I/V stages cannot handle it. Mercury was specifically designed for it so it it works with the Mercury and not with other I/V stages then chances are it's a problem with the I/V stage.
You can try and turn down the volume and see if the channels balance with the lower output current.

The buffalo III pro outputs a lot of current and regular I/V stages cannot handle it. Mercury was specifically designed for it so it it works with the Mercury and not with other I/V stages then chances are it's a problem with the I/V stage.
You can try and turn down the volume and see if the channels balance with the lower output current.

You may not understand the biggest problem I am currently facing. Simply speaking, the problem has nothing to do with IV. My problem is that the left channel voltage on buffalo III pro is significantly lower than the right channel. Anyone has found this problem? If needed, I can upload the 0db sine signal file mentioned earlier.

You may not understand the biggest problem I am currently facing. Simply speaking, the problem has nothing to do with IV. My problem is that the left channel voltage on buffalo III pro is significantly lower than the right channel. Anyone has found this problem? If needed, I can upload the 0db sine signal file mentioned earlier.

2 Vrms should be measured at the I/V output so if you think the I/V has nothing to do with it you have a different kind of problem.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Having read the ReceiverPi manual it states that it doesnt work in master mode. I was soon going to order a fifo ultimate so I can run my Ian stack in sync mode.....assuming I am leaving SQ on the table without one.
But does this mean that I wont be able to set the fifo to master/ sync mode when using the spdif input on the reciever?

Having read the ReceiverPi manual it states that it doesnt work in master mode. I was soon going to order a fifo ultimate so I can run my Ian stack in sync mode.....assuming I am leaving SQ on the table without one.
But does this mean that I wont be able to set the fifo to master/ sync mode when using the spdif input on the reciever?

These modules have a 40 pin connector that shares the raspberry pi, so it will work that the top module can output I2S to DAC.

Joined 2018
Paid Member

And taken from Ian's manual for the Reciever

Note: Please don’t try master mode DAC for S/PDIF music. By principle, no master mode DAC can work with S/PDIF stream and external I2S/DSD stream. They can only work with the music source that the control software is running at, which is one of the disadvantages of this kind of DAC.

I see Audiophonics have stock.

Are you doing a GB Ian?

And of my question above REmaster sync mode?

Thankyou

You should know that this is a business strategy, just like the iPhone will continue to reduce prices, but at the beginning sell at the most expensive price, first earn higher profits. After a while, people who were willing to pay higher prices almost disappeared. Then will prices be lowered to attract the remaining consumers. The conclusion is that the lower price of GB will start later. Wait patiently and you will get GB.

And taken from Ian's manual for the Reciever

Note: Please don’t try master mode DAC for S/PDIF music. By principle, no master mode DAC can work with S/PDIF stream and external I2S/DSD stream. They can only work with the music source that the control software is running at, which is one of the disadvantages of this kind of DAC.

In fact, it is not that complicated. In Ian's module architecture, the clock signals of all modules including DAC, will use Ian's FIFO clock.