• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ian asynchronous I2S and S/PDIF FIFO KIT group buy

I got this from Ian: "you will need a couple of 100n (104) capacitors"
I have no clue if the missing caps break the adapter or just make it sound worse...

Cool! thanks a lot. I will probably go back to just having the clocks soldered well in place without the extra barrier of the adapter boards. That worked very well but just wanted to secure them better with the adapterboards.

TirNaOg had these clocks working sans capacitors and I use these clocks on adaptor boards with no caps so I dont think that's the problem. Where are the caps supposed to go anyway?

I think I must have a bad join some where as it looks like the board is not able to switch to the correct clock when playing music... although looks like both are powered up okay.

I have recently acquired an Assemblage 3.1 DAC with major problems due to previous modding with the digital board, mainly with the PMD200 chip. PMD200 chips are quite rare and expensive to get. Even if I get one there are enough issues with the PCB where it likely still won't work. Because of this I feel like I am better off finding another solution to feed the 4 x pcm1704 chips.

This project looks like it's exactly what I need to get things up and running. Definitely interested if there is another group buy. What are the differences between this approach and using a PMD200? I know PMD200 can process HDCD, but is this considered better then what a PMD200 can do otherwise?

Ian, Do you have any I2S to PCM boards available or at some point in the future? After reading 1000s of pages I'd like to try your board in a 1541 project.

I love to see the new rpi board-after looking at many options it seems the ideal answer for playback.

Best, Nathan

Thanks Nathan for your interest.

I still have some PCM borad available. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Or, you can wait for FifoPi together.

Regards,
Ian