The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB - Page 35 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th May 2012, 06:38 PM   #341
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

ok guys, i've been umming and aahhing about making this post. as youve seen the kits are packed and ready, waiting for keratherm to be added and for final shipping arrangements to be worked out; ie. will I ship all in one lot to the USA for north america and its distributed from there, or should I send to each person individually? I think the former is the better idea, but you guys will have to make that decision and organize who thats going to be, so I can cost them up.

but the main thing that has kinda stopped me in my tracks the last few days is....

can you guess?....

Mark showed up!! well perhaps thats overstating things; he replied to an old pm from hochopeper on Wednesday, saying he was back from overseas and had been there for a couple of months; longer than planned apparently, so there was a plan...... and hes not dead!

he asked what was going on, hadnt had a chance to catch up on the threads and gb's, said he can do the sinks..much as i'm confused by this and hesitate to throw out my alternate plans that ive spent the last week or so doing, it has to be considered, obviously these sinks would be ideal for you guys, everything would be sent to me and he didnt want to be accepting payments or posting anything out

hochopeper replied saying its all done and pretty much ready for shipping, but he hasnt heard back and i'm yet to hear from him, I had hoped he would reply to one of the emails I sent before, but I guess he hasnt had a chance to catch up yet, so i'll follow up in the morning.

you guys really need to guide me here, because its not my decision and hardly effects me, apart from having the kits cluttering up my cupboard a bit longer

hochopeper and I planned to get the keratherm done yesterday or tomorrow and even arranged a time, but this threw a spanner in the works and tbh I didnt really want to say anything until I had something a bit more concrete.

its really up to you guys though, as mentioned, i'm not getting the sinks from hypertune. so the choices are, push ahead, see if hochopeper can come over and we'll get the k-red cut as planned earlier this week and forget about the sinks; or see how things pan out over the next week, he seemed to indicate that he was all set; ready to go before this trip, so once started I wouldnt think it would take long.

if you dont wait for them then you are ruling out the possibility of getting them, as he wont be sending them and I wont be doing an entirely separate shipment for them

thoughts?
Old 19th May 2012, 12:23 AM   #342
diyAudio Member

If we know what shape/size to cut I am ok to come and cut the keratherm this weekend.

Cutting keratherm to suit hypertune's heatsinks OR for alternative arrangements needs to be known before the cutting instruments come out.
Old 19th May 2012, 02:28 AM   #343
diyAudio Member

Qusp,
I would like the heatsinks, am in no hurry. If they cost more than what the freight to you ran on the transformer shipment let me know and I will send the difference.

Thanks
Bill
Old 19th May 2012, 06:04 AM   #344
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

Take the week. Re-state what the sinks are when arrangements are more assured. Maybe more of us will get on board.
Old 19th May 2012, 02:41 PM   #345
diyAudio Member

Ed I believe hypertune will run one batch of these heatsinks only. Either you state interest in advance or you will not be included in the production run.

I haven't heard back from Mark since Wednesday this week, I guess he has a lot to catch up on with his business after being out of the country for an extended period. When he is back on board we'll discuss logistics and advise with more firm details once we have them.
Old 21st May 2012, 06:55 PM   #346
neb001 is offline neb001  United States
diyAudio Member

I received the actives from Ed today. Great job organizing and shipping everything in such a quick manner!
Old 22nd May 2012, 12:10 AM   #347
Wolfsin is offline Wolfsin  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb001 View Post
I received the actives from Ed today. Great job organizing and shipping everything in such a quick manner!
Wolfsin would like to add a special thank you to Hochopeper remembering how much he loves a bargain and Ed's pm alerting him.
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:50 PM   #348
bcg27 is offline bcg27  United States
diyAudio Member

Got my actives from Ed today - color me impressed that was very fast work!

Regarding the heatsinks do we have pricing information? I would like a little more information before making a commitment.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:29 AM   #349
diyAudio Member

This is the latest info I have on pricing for the heatsinks, follow the link to that post and there is a image of the design:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTUNE View Post
I've attached a pic of the heatsink I will be making for my amps.

Overall dimensions are the same as the heatsink shown on Owen's amp, but I have raised the height to match the other components on the board.

The dimensions of the cutout for the buffers is not final and will be updated when I hear from Owen.

Price for anyone interested would be $15 AUD + anodizing (about $2 I guess) Price is for a single heatsink.
The only caveat is that he qualified shortly after that post with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTUNE View Post
Price is per heatsink. Material cost will be close to $4, and the rest is machine time. No design or toolpath costs are added as I'll be doing it for myself regardless.
Which isn't exactly true any more since I believe he has decided to mount his LPUHP inside of a larger enclosure that will also house his Class AB amps. Price is one of the details that we'll try to clarify in the near future when qusp or myself hear back from hypertune.
Old 24th May 2012, 07:21 PM   #350
diyAudio Member

Default Actives

Actives made it to me too,
Thanks
Ed

Hide this!Advertise here!