• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

The Wire LPUHP 16W Power Amp parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well at least no money has exchanged hands....I remember with the conrad heatsink group buy a while back it was over a year later and people were still trying to get their heatsinks that they had paid for!

The only money that has changed hands is that qusp and I are now he proud owners of a single channel each of extra parts for these amps (incl 230V sumr tx and buffers at the old inflated price point because we bought them early march) without any pcbs to put all the parts on and no sign of ever getting the machining done for the enclosures that we had hoped for.

I guess we could wire it up point to point :eek:

The only money that has changed hands is that qusp and I are now he proud owners of a single channel each of extra parts for these amps (incl 230V sumr tx and buffers at the old inflated price point because we bought them early march) without any pcbs to put all the parts on and no sign of ever getting the machining done for the enclosures that we had hoped for.

If you guys really end up with a bunch of parts that you can't use, I think it would be "fair" to split the cost amoung the group buy participants.
That way, what is it, $10 or 20 each? Not much for any one person, and you guys shouldn't have to bare the brunt of this cost yourself.

Randy

well lets just see how it pans out first; thanks for the sentiment its appreciated, not sure how well that will go down with the group though.. btw hochopeper and I cut the keratherm this evening so baring miracles wrt the sink, the only thing left is shipping. i'll be working up the shipping options over the weekend. i'll send Mark one last email in a moment, but will not stop at anything but photos of finished parts.

ok guys, heres a few postal estimates, i'll leave the decision up to you.

The first is the package for USA/Canada for 1-1.25kg for the 5 kits (10 channels) of passives plus some keratherm only orders now that theres no cnc heatsink =(

There is 2 options for EU, as theres a new service from here that has tracking, but is not express/courier so is more reasonable but still reassuring. This is not available to Germany but is to the UK. It would seem prudent to be UK anyway, since maravedis is getting 4 kits that would seem the best choice for distribution dont you think?

anyway heres the options. the USA has an additional $9 fee included for packages over 500gr, not sure why maybe some special clearance. ECI takes 2-4days, express post is 3-7 days (normally about 4) and registered mail, airmail and likely this pack'n'track are usually 1.5-2.25 weeks.

you can look up further details on insurance etc at auspost.com.au if you like. the Americas package is going to be about 1.1-1.2kg and the EU package is going to be about 700gm (each stereo kit is ~200gm)

Attachments

• auspost USA 1-1.25kg air detail.jpg
    auspost USA 1-1.25kg air detail.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 79
  • auspost USA 1-1.25kg express detail.jpg
    auspost USA 1-1.25kg express detail.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 85
  • auspost USA 1-1.25kg ECI detail.jpg
    auspost USA 1-1.25kg ECI detail.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 76
  • auspost Germany 0.5-0.75kg.jpg
    auspost Germany 0.5-0.75kg.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 82
  • auspost UK 0.5-0.75kg.jpg
    auspost UK 0.5-0.75kg.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
its probably still going to be cheaper to bundle the transformers in with wherever the passives are going in the EU and have 1543 pay the extra over what it would cost without them, can the 2 of you, maravedis and 1543 price up a couple of options for me using your local services?

1543: can you please price up sending a 500gm package to maravedis in the UK and a 250gm package to enantra in Spain?

Maravedis: can you please price up sending a 600gm (estimate, i'll have to weigh them) package to 1543 in Germany and a 250gm package to enantra in Spain?

then well work out if its cheaper to send the transformers separately or not.

I dont think you should consider standard airmail unless you get insurance. I for one wouldnt feel comfortable with sending the lot uninsured by airmail. not that auspost or usps (it will be delivered by your mailman at that end) has proven unsafe, but there is no tracking, no way to chase it up if its late etc.

the minimum I think you should be looking at is pack and track at $43.50. seamail would take months and standard uninsured airmail is only $6 cheaper than pack and track; so is a saving of $1 each worth having peace of mind or not? that or registered mail, which comes standard with $100aud insurance and is about the same cost as pack and track

Last edited:
My first choice is pack and track @ $43.50. This divided by 5 is $8.70.

qusp, Please assure us your (paypal or any) fees are added to this. I won't quibble about something more costly if that becomes the group choice. I'm fine with qusp deciding what the group chooses.

I'll only know this when the package arrives...I think forwarding within the US will be fine via Express Envelope...~$5.60...which includes fees. I will accommodate requests for other handling. Costs for Canada to be figured...

Caution: Not meant to confuse. I am willing to make the full shipping payment to qusp and be reimbursed by the 4 of you. I am saying you have the option to make one payment to me to cover the cost of postage from qusp and the cost of forwarding from me. If you want to make separate transactions, that's fine. Keep us informed of your choice.

Last edited:
I wouldnt push for anything more; pack n track or registered is the sweet spot for sure if you arent in a hurry, but adding any insurance to airmail makes it more expensive than pack n track, so would seem unwise unless everyone was in agreement to take the risk for the $1 saving. if tracking doesnt mean anything to you registered mail might even be preferred given the standard $100 insurance

Last edited:

yeah, for you maybe, for hochopeper and I it may as well have and not just 30 bucks
Well crap, I totally forgot about the deal you two had with him! Now I feel like a buffoon. :(

If you guys really end up with a bunch of parts that you can't use, I think it would be "fair" to split the cost amoung the group buy participants.
That way, what is it, $10 or 20 each? Not much for any one person, and you guys shouldn't have to bare the brunt of this cost yourself.

Randy

Count me in.

Last edited:
The thought is appreciated guys.

I am not terribly comfortable with the idea though for myself. qusp has perhaps invested more in it than I, especially in time and cost to make up the extra to buy keratherm in bulk, you guys can cover the cost of his share of Mark's parts if you like.

The mistake here was Mark's and no-one elses except perhaps qusp and mine in that we purchased his parts in good faith.

For Mark there has been purchased:
- active parts @ old pricing (organised by me for au/nz builders end Feb 2012)
- passive parts @ GB pricing per international GB organised by qusp
- 2 x sumr transformers pricing per qusp international sumr tx gb

I think that is it, right?

Last edited:
You are right Ed, I forgot about that, that is added onto every shipping method over 500g; its a fairly recent thing and I dont know why, some sort of extra processing for security perhaps? yep see below, its a security levy of some sort

Bill (wirewiggler) doesnt owe me his share of shipping, in fact I need to bounce him back some excess. I dont know how I feel about it either, kinda awkward, it wasnt your choice, it was mine; a bad choice; but my choice... I double checked with him multiple times along the way to confirm too.... so while I definitely appreciate the offer guys, I dont know that I can accept it

hochopeper: there was Keratherm too, but I can sell that over time I guess; there seems some demand in the power amp thread. then also a share in transformer shipping and keratherm shipping;

Attachments

• security levy.jpg
    security levy.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.