O2 Headphone Amplifier GB - Page 122 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th February 2012, 11:48 AM   #1211
tom3 is offline tom3  Greece
diyAudio Member

Helo there
I want one kit with extra resistors and one pcb.
Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 04:55 AM   #1212
diyAudio Member

If any of these are still available i would love to get one.
(first post ftw!)
Thanks.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:36 AM   #1213
jaybee is offline jaybee  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi all. I have finally gotten around to building up the O2. It seems to work! sounds really nice.

I have one question, and I apologize if we've already been though this a hundred times. I used a "shared BOM" at Mouser, and for Q1 there was a 60V mosfet, for Q2 it was a 200V part. I didn't notice until I unpacked the box. Everything gonna be alright here?

Thanks all.
Old 4th November 2012, 06:58 PM   #1214
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
Hi all. I have finally gotten around to building up the O2. It seems to work! sounds really nice.

I have one question, and I apologize if we've already been though this a hundred times. I used a "shared BOM" at Mouser, and for Q1 there was a 60V mosfet, for Q2 it was a 200V part. I didn't notice until I unpacked the box. Everything gonna be alright here?

Thanks all.
You are fine. The Mosfets were sourced as per Nwavguy by whatever is available that is price effective. The 200V part just happens to be the cheaper 200V part in stock to my memory. The 60V part has a 200V part counterpart, but the 60V is cheaper. This makes no difference whatever due to the way these Mosfets are actually used (although if you want to substitute, read Nwavguy's post on the requirements on these Mosfets). I see you already built your O2, so this point is moot, but anyway...

Although as a caution, be VERY careful about these Mosfets when you handle them, install them in the order Nwavguy suggested (with the board populated with other components first, to discharge possible electrostatic charges), and pay attention to the ESD handling of Mosfets. I used insulated tweezers (or tweezers with electrical tape) and a grounded soldering iron to install them. Just in case... But you have already built yours, so this probably doesn't apply to you either...

Last edited by Maxx_Power; 4th November 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 4th November 2012, 07:52 PM   #1215
jaybee is offline jaybee  United States
diyAudio Member

Maxx_Power, thanks kindly for your response. I figured the 200v part was probably over-spec'ed, and cheap and convenient.

Yes it is already stuffed and functioning but needs some kind of case. I like what I'm hearing, it's amazing that it was so cheap to put together. I'm probably going to need to get some better headphones with all the money I saved, hehehe.

Hide this!Advertise here!