• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Headphone Amplifier GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. I have finally gotten around to building up the O2. It seems to work! sounds really nice.

I have one question, and I apologize if we've already been though this a hundred times. I used a "shared BOM" at Mouser, and for Q1 there was a 60V mosfet, for Q2 it was a 200V part. I didn't notice until I unpacked the box. Everything gonna be alright here?

Thanks all.

Hi all. I have finally gotten around to building up the O2. It seems to work! sounds really nice.

I have one question, and I apologize if we've already been though this a hundred times. I used a "shared BOM" at Mouser, and for Q1 there was a 60V mosfet, for Q2 it was a 200V part. I didn't notice until I unpacked the box. Everything gonna be alright here?

Thanks all.

You are fine. The Mosfets were sourced as per Nwavguy by whatever is available that is price effective. The 200V part just happens to be the cheaper 200V part in stock to my memory. The 60V part has a 200V part counterpart, but the 60V is cheaper. This makes no difference whatever due to the way these Mosfets are actually used (although if you want to substitute, read Nwavguy's post on the requirements on these Mosfets). I see you already built your O2, so this point is moot, but anyway...

Although as a caution, be VERY careful about these Mosfets when you handle them, install them in the order Nwavguy suggested (with the board populated with other components first, to discharge possible electrostatic charges), and pay attention to the ESD handling of Mosfets. I used insulated tweezers (or tweezers with electrical tape) and a grounded soldering iron to install them. Just in case... But you have already built yours, so this probably doesn't apply to you either...

Last edited:
Maxx_Power, thanks kindly for your response. I figured the 200v part was probably over-spec'ed, and cheap and convenient.

Yes it is already stuffed and functioning but needs some kind of case. I like what I'm hearing, it's amazing that it was so cheap to put together. I'm probably going to need to get some better headphones with all the money I saved, hehehe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.