• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

I just picked up the TAD TD-2001 1" CD.

How do I use it with the Iwata-300 when the throat of the IWata is 2"??

I've seen adaptors for that, but a couple of questions out of curiosity:

• Can you really go low enough with that 1" driver to take advantage of that Iwata-300?
  • Is the Iwata-300 available with a 1" throat?

If the answer to both questions is yes, and you'd rather get the 1" version than use an adaptor, I'd be very interested in your Iwata-300s! :D

The Pallet is in the US but I do not have the Iwata-300 yet. I have no idea if the Iwata-300 could have had a 1" throat, its ordered and shipped with a 2" throat. I was going to use the BMS 4590p CD they are around $700 each right now :(

I had a thread asking about 2" CDs and requirements of 500Hz. Someone posted that with a steep slope the TAD can go really low.

I also have 1" QSC waveguides so the TADs are going to have a home no matter what but I wanted to try them with the Iwata-300 when it arrives.

I did see a 2" to 1" adapter on ebay that might work.

Anyways, I wanted to know if autotech has a perfect adapter for the IWATA-300. On the website they say there is a 1" reduction piece. I guess I have to find out how much that costs and get it shipped from Poland.

Conical adapter or new planned BiRadial (similar to JBL 2345 and TH4001).

Attachments

• Biradial400Hz.jpg
    Biradial400Hz.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 755
Thanks for the responses.

How does the differing angles from these adapters effect the response?

The TAD 4001 and 2001 are Alnico-based drivers with a rather long, radial throath like the JBL 375. Due to the fact, that with Alnico - more length more flux.
The 2" - 1" adapter prolongs the hornstart with exactly the same flare.

Newer Neo-drivers are build to shorter horntypes and have a much shorter and much more angled throaths. I use the original Iwata with a 950, which has a 10 degree angle - but it is just about 10 mm. in length. With no sonically problems.
(Measurable, I don't know).