Tea-Bag's IXYS Depletion Mosfet Group and SemiSouth R100 JFET group buy. - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2010, 09:18 PM   #31
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Lae2,
The devices are somewhat discounted at the 100 pc mark, my assumption was that we will make it to that amount, if not, It can be done..I might buy up more to make up a difference. The more devices ordered, certainly the more perfect matches to be made, no doubt.
There may be more takers by the time it closes, or less. We will have to see. I can stick the $ either way. It would mean no donation and no matching fee for my time, but nothing to loose sleep over I have a day job~Which is a blessing these days.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 SHIPPING |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 28th February 2010, 12:52 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default Caddocks for De-Lite

Those wishing to build the DE-Lite Amplifier,

I am going to offer Caddock MP930 30Watt max TO-220 resistors.
These power resistors are used in the Power Supply and Source of the amplifier. This type must be mounted to a heatsink. The Source resistors are around 10 watts disapation max, and the power supply unit is 20 watts. So one might want to order 3 to do an amp.
These are quality resistors, but of course you can use something else. I think selling them for 3.50 each is reasonable to cover paypal and local sales tax. Put yourself down if your interested. These are small, so shipping is not an issue.
Salas Boards 2014 #2 SHIPPING |F5TC board and power supplies available PM | Hot-Rod DCB1 boards and kits available PM |Mesmerize kits available (no boards)
Old 28th February 2010, 03:10 AM   #33
lae2 is offline lae2  United States
diyAudio Member

In addition to the 1 ohm, do you have any .1, .2, .5. or 2 ohm MP930s?
Old 28th February 2010, 10:33 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

I dont have any of these on hand, other than some .5r for personal use. I plan on ordering them with the depletion Mosfet's.
Old 28th February 2010, 05:13 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

hi tea-bag,

sounds great thanks for your help.

by the way feel free to charge more for shipping outside the usa. i am living in france, just tell me and i will paypal accordingly.

dominique
Old 28th February 2010, 07:38 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Default 1R Caddocks.

Hi All,
Well a few people have sent in payments already, thanks!

Another forum member recommended not to use the thin film's in the power supply. They may not be able to take the initial current/wattage on startup.
So just buy yourself enough for your 1R source resistors.

I am sticking with the MP930's as opposed to the MP915's. They can allow for twice the dissapation for maybe .50 cents more costs. Plus I find a TO-220 easier to work with than TO-126's.
The only disadvantage of Caddocks I see is they are radial leaded and the leads are not really user friendly, but I am sure we can be creative.
Old 28th February 2010, 09:07 PM   #37
flg is offline flg  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
...SemiSouth's 60USD matched pair shipped. Quads will be best effort.
$30 Ea. $60 Pair No trouble with that. What does the quads will be best effort statement mean exactly
I'm moving however and by then I don't know where I'll end up? If we could work that out between us somehow, I'm good...
Old 28th February 2010, 11:04 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Flg,
I can hold paid product for anyone. I did that several times with DCB1 boards.
Old 28th February 2010, 11:20 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Default Ssf2

Hi TeaBag,

How's the F2 w/ SS sounding these days? Are you posting impressions in any other threads? (damn forum search limitations).

And to help others who might be interested in an SS F2, can you post in this thread how many SS JFets are needed for the SS F2?

Look forward to hearing your impressions...

-Roscoe
Old 28th February 2010, 11:39 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Default F2 with SS.

Roscoe,
I am currently swapping over the posted parts papa recommended to swap over, and using PD boards for build. I tried to use all resistors I could on rebuild. Only one pair is needed for F2 conversion. The F2 is a different animal, so I am not sure my impressions would mean much with my two different full ranger types (Lowther DX and Fostex FF85k). To be honest, I will probably optimize it for HD-600 headphones.

I will try to post to a couple of places once it is finished.
I am also trying to put them into a BA-1 board set on the upper FET.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F2SSa.jpg (221.8 KB, 478 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!