• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Hi DQ828,

Since I'm always building new stuff and need to fund whatever new audio projects I'm working on, I'm actually selling my 2 Tube-I-Zator. You can see the thread in pages around 54, it has pictures of my build.

I LOVED my Tube-I-Zator but I'm just like that... I sell all the time to build new things!

I was running a dual mono BII in balanced mode. There's a few things that have changed since those pictures. I have TX-2575 resistors and larger caps. Using Full Music 12AX7 (best of the 12AX7 there is!) plus ClarityCAP MR for coupling caps.

If anyone is interested, please PM me

Ciao!
Do

Hi pinoccho,

my tube-i-Zator is running smoothly. It sounds fantastic. More scene and depth that the legato v.3, but somewhat less "liquid" even softer sound. I'm using a combination of capacitors KT10 with bypass Ft3 for output.
I'm thinking of Mundorf silver in oil ... I will get some more microinformation without losing softness?.

Pinocchio, have you found something better than the tube-i-Zator-output for buffalo II?
Do not keep the secret :)

Merry Christmas!

AL

Last edited:
Hi pinoccho,

my tube-i-Zator is running smoothly. It sounds fantastic. More scene and depth that the legato v.3, but somewhat less "liquid" even softer sound. I'm using a combination of capacitors KT10 with bypass Ft3 for output.
I'm thinking of Mundorf silver in oil ... I will get some more microinformation without losing softness?.

Pinocchio, have you found something better than the tube-i-Zator-output for buffalo II?
Do not keep the secret :)

Merry Christmas!

AL

Hi Alberto,

I thought it was a good thing selling my Tube-I-Zator but as I'm comparing it to the Legato 3.1, I quickly realize that music without tubes is boring... Almost lifeless... The Legato 3 is really a nice piece but tubes have this warmth, 3D imaging that is not really possible with solid state... Yes, it is coloration that is not in the original recording but it just feels good, feels right! The Legato on the other hand is more precise and detailed overall...

If I do sell, it will most probably be in the 375$ - 400$ usd per Tube-I-Zator. That would include the TX-2575 resistors, Shunt module, Transfo, ClarityCAP MR coupling caps and the TJ Full Music 12AX7. I'm not including my BII in there.

I will do more testing and let you all know but so far, I'm leaning toward keeping the Tube-I-Zator...

Ciao!
Do

Well... I reconnected my Tube-I-Zator and to me it is night and day. Not better than the Legato, just a different type of sound and I prefer it over Solid State... Who knows, I might never go back...

Oliver, this thing really rocks!

Would you be able to modify the Tube-I-Zator PCB to accomodate a BII / BIII directly on it without the use of wire to have the shortest path possible?

We could potentially do a group buy and the cost of PCBs would then be amortized.

There's tons of people using BII / BIII and I think it would be a great idea.

Can anyone interested let me and Oliver know on the forum?

Oliver, if the demand is high enough, would you be interested? I would surely help you out.

Ciao!
Do

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Well... I reconnected my Tube-I-Zator and to me it is night and day. Not better than the Legato, just a different type of sound and I prefer it over Solid State... Who knows, I might never go back...

Would you be able to modify the Tube-I-Zator PCB to accomodate a BII / BIII directly on it without the use of wire to have the shortest path possible?

We could potentially do a group buy and the cost of PCBs would then be amortized.

Oliver, if the demand is high enough, would you be interested? I would surely help you out.

Ciao!
Do

Hi Do,

i there is much interest, sure why not... ;)

Ciao!
Do

Sounds good to me :)

Ciao!
Do
Great idea!. I'm interested too.

Me Too. I have not yet built my boards. Maybe this would work better for my dual mono Buffalo III's.

It would make traces much shorter and remove the cable clutter that a dual mono will do... I have a Dual Mono BII with dual Tube-I-Zator as well and this would be rather cool!

We need to get many more people on board to cut the cost of the boards down as much as possible!

Ciao!
Do

Hi Do,

I will be leaving Nz end of Jan. If the board can't be ready 2 weeks before then, I can only buy after that, meaning once I arrive in Malaysia. Should be early Feb.

Thanks!

Hi Wwan,

Good chances that it won't be ready before you're back since we first need enough people for the group buy and we also need Oliver's precious time to design the layout.

I'll keep you guys updated

Ciao!
Do

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.