• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tube-I-zator Professional PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The pix of the 6SN7 is in post 102 (this thread).

I have a bunch of 6SN7 tubes so it was a logical choice. It does use the V+ and V- outs of the Buffalo and gives an SE output. I used Oliver's board for the power supplies and the ground plane and as a base for the Amphenol 8 pin tube "test bench". Hard-wired the circuit to that.

I recently replaced the PIO output caps with Mundorf Silver/Oil and a .1μF Russian Teflon. I think this gave the sound more body and punch.

Best

Bob

Thanks Bob, what's the value of the Mundorf you used? And I am assuming you parralle the two caps, right?

Ok. I'm up and running. So far I'm very satisfied.

This is what I have put together:

Analog Device AD1865 DAC End 2
Texas Components TX2575 I/V resistors
6N2P-EV (Russian: 6Н2П-ЕВ) tubes
Mundorf silver/gold - 2,2µF output capacitors

I noticed the regulator gets hot. Is this how it should be?

Also do this output stage switch the phase of the signal?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ok. I'm up and running. So far I'm very satisfied.

This is what I have put together:

Analog Device AD1865 DAC End 2
Texas Components TX2575 I/V resistors
6N2P-EV (Russian: 6Н2П-ЕВ) tubes
Mundorf silver/gold - 2,2µF output capacitors

I noticed the regulator gets hot. Is this how it should be?

Also do this output stage switch the phase of the signal?

Perfect combination! ;)

If you have an input voltage of 12V, thats normal and ok.

The SRPP stage turns the phase to 180 degrees, equal on both channels.
So it doesn´t matter.

Today i got a pair of ampohm polyester in oil/aluminium foil 2,2µF/630V caps.
Jesus are they huge... :D I will test them in my DAC vs. my ClarityCaps MR after burning in.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:cheers:

So, how do you like your ampohm caps? I have been using the Mundorf silver/gold for some time now. I find them to be a little clinical giving a slightly cold sound. I like my music to be more midrange and not giving to much attention to the top end.

Perfect combination! ;)

If you have an input voltage of 12V, thats normal and ok.

The SRPP stage turns the phase to 180 degrees, equal on both channels.
So it doesn´t matter.

Today i got a pair of ampohm polyester in oil/aluminium foil 2,2µF/630V caps.
Jesus are they huge... :D I will test them in my DAC vs. my ClarityCaps MR after burning in.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

:cheers:

Joined 2009
Paid Member
At the moment they have about 100 hrs. burned in. Compared to the Clarity MR i used before,
they have a phenomenal 3D-soundstage, wonderful lower mids and a punchy base.

From my side, buy them as long you could.

The next i will try is to bypass them with some 0,047uF K72 teflon caps. Let´s see...;)

Does someone have a clue on what is the problem with my Tube-I-zator?

I used the Tube-I_Zator twice with the BUF II DAC, I like the sound, but every time I used it for more than 4 hours, there's always this very loud pop/explosion. I know it's not the BUF II because I used it for several days with IVY III without a problem.
The tube that I'm using is 12ax7, with 220Vdc measured voltage at B+. Transformer have four secondary, 150Vac and 6.3Vac., I series connected the two 6.3Vac and had about 13Vdc after the rectifier. Do I got the defective tube?

Joe

:
So the heaters runs at 200%... I hope you don´t damaged your tubes.
If you still have these pops, try to change the tubes to new ones.

Hi Oliver,

The tubes are still working. I will find out tommorow if it will make the loud pop. I'll be recieving the 6n6p soon and I might stick to that due to low gain.
Right now I don't have the switch or jumper, once I replace the tube with 6N6P, do I need to put the jumper on the 6N2P trace side or just leave it open?
Thanks for your help.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.