• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F2 pcb group buy...

I'm opening this new thread as it seems like the offer for F2 boards has been lost within the original WTB inquiry.

The F2 amp board has a scoring line and is good for two channels.

Price for two channel pcb is USD$18, shipping included, paypal payment to my e-mail address posted here: http://audiosector.com/contact.asp

All boards will be shipped by airmail, with no tracking and no insurance and I cannot assume responsibility for lost packages. If you need insurance, please add $7 to your order.

The dual channel board is pictured below, output devices spacing is exactly as with F4, F5 and AJ pcbs, so the boards are interchangeable.

The matching power supply board available from this link: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149672

Attachments

• F2.jpg
    F2.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2,016
Last edited:
Nice to see all those pcb lined up next to each other. I currently designing my next Firstwatt amps. One chassis design with interchangeable Firstwatt amps. Lucky i got the F5 board but unfortunately the Aleph-J and F4 stock is exhausted. Peter do you have any idea when they are available again ? I read something about thesting the Aleph-J X versions. And can you give the dimensions of the space between the MOSFETs and board dimensions to double check my chassis design ?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I suppose with the OB article coming up soon, interest in the high power F4 will reignite. It seems most suitable of all the Fs to drive the big woofers.

I've driven OB woofer currently with an F5, and previously with an F2, both quite successfully. (see Dick Olshers OB-1) I prefer the F5. Most OB woofers are fairly sensitive, so don't take a ton of power. You can dual Mono an F5 like the F4 if you need more power.

ra7

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yes, Mr. Pass has said he is comfortable driving the woofers with 5W.

However, I like the idea of a power buffer. It has many versatile uses. I'll probably build the other Fs too... once I finish the many many other projects i have lined up. :p

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Peter, is the F2 board fror the "old" current source amp, or for the new srpp semisouth amplifier???

Thanks, Dirk

This is for original F2 amp, the new one I believe is marked as J2

The F2 will get a new schematic at some point for a mod for a JFET in place of the N channel 240. It has not been published.
The J2 itself is a SRPP amp. The F2 single ended.