• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Aleph J-X pcb group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Parts for Aleph J

Hello,
I have my boards on order, so now getting parts together is the next task. Where are the best places to buy caps, power transformer, matched outputs, etc..? Lets start a thread where we can share information on parts vendors.
My other concern would be getting matched outputs for the Aleph J. Does anyone out there have a set for sale?
Regards,
David

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Re: Parts for Aleph J

TerribleT said:
Hello,
I have my boards on order, so now getting parts together is the next task. Where are the best places to buy caps, power transformer, matched outputs, etc..? Lets start a thread where we can share information on parts vendors.
My other concern would be getting matched outputs for the Aleph J. Does anyone out there have a set for sale?
Regards,
David

Terrible-T, check out tech-diy.com for signal parts.
I order most of my average stuff from mouser or digikey, boutique stuff from Handmade Electronics, SonicCraft and/or PartsConnexion.

It looks like each board will need a matched quad of IRFP240's.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
TerribleT said:
Tea-Bag,
Thanks a million. Those matched quads will make building the A-J much easier for me. Any suggestions on hardware like correct size of the required heat sinks?
Regards,
David

I will defer on that.....Not having built it, or having heard a lot of people building one., esp X'd. The Large Conrad Heatsinks from Australia can dissipate 100Watts, but I like 16 to 18 lengths chucks from Barred Boss on Ebay as well for big science projects. It looks like one can push a lot of current through this amp, so sky maybe the limit.

I am looking at build these for my h/t amp.

If I wanted seven channels to drive my speakers and wanted the Xj's I would need 7 boards correct?

I am looking to bi-amp my mains and have a mono for each of my 3 remaining channels.

What would be the best option here if I am looking for around 100wpc?

Thanks,

James

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.