• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No ifs or buts...

If paypal will resolve this situation, you will get your boards within 14 days. I am working with them at the moment.

Again, this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

You received my payment a long time ago. What I expect is what I paid for. The issue with paypal is yours, not mine, or group buyers for that matter.

Your inability to access and use paypal does not prevent you from packing pcbs, (already paid for), mailing (already paid for). Paypal has nothing to do with postal services whatsoever.

Re: No ifs or buts...

nuryev said:

Again, this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

You received my payment a long time ago. What I expect is what I paid for. The issue with paypal is yours, not mine, or group buyers for that matter.

Your inability to access and use paypal does not prevent you from packing pcbs, (already paid for), mailing (already paid for). Paypal has nothing to do with postal services whatsoever.

Im sorry, but have you never used the print postage labels feature with paypal? The money for the postage is IN PAYPAL, how is this so hard to understand? I print the postage with the PAYPAL service. This does not fit with your claim that ' Paypal has nothing to do with postal services whatsoever'.

There are people who have payed a substantial amount more for whatever they have ordered, and they will co-operate with me, no threats involved. Halo6 being an example, his kit arrived today.

Please could you do the same and leave me to get this group buy sorted out instead of trying to prove me as some kind of scammer. You will get your boards within the 14 days as agreed.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I'm sorry to hear your account was locked Rhys. Once Paypal has the slightest suspicions about someone, they get really, really nasty and you are going to find it complete hell trying to get them to see it your way.

Of course filing Paypal disputes is about the only mechanism we have of protecting ourselves from fraud. It was a reasonable thing for me to ask people to do in light of the many concerns that had been brought to light.

Specifically, I emailed you last week about these concerns - and gave you the full weekend to respond. You didn't reply to me so on Monday I posted to ask people to file Paypal disputes.

All you needed to do was email me last weekend - that would have been enough to buy you a couple of weeks grace. You didn't... and amazingly you still haven't contacted me directly.

I honestly wonder whether you don't read half the emails you get. That would explain a lot.

Now you really are in a mess. I don't know what "locked" means exactly -- I would have thought you must still have access to the resolution center to try and resolve the disputes. If not, your only option is to work though the orders. Ask for the addresses by email if you don't have a record of them outside Paypal. Print out the addresses and ship the kits. The clock is ticking because Paypal will probably set a hard deadline before automatically returning the money to the buyer permanently.

Your comment that the money for shipping is locked up in Paypal strikes me as disingenuous. Technically that might be true, but surely you weren't withdrawing the funds from your Paypal account each time you went to the post office? You'll have no choice anyway but to cover the postage on your own expense, then pay back yourself later from Paypal once your account is released back to you.

While I was cautiously optimistic last night that things were looking up, I'm not prepared to ask people to cancel their disputes. Once a buyer marks a transaction as resolved, they cannot file another claim ---cancelling the dispute means throwing away their one chance of ever getting their money back in the event they don't get their order.

It's up to you to first get the kits and boards out to people. Only after that should they mark the dispute as resolved.

Hi Rhysh,

I summarise my BPA300 PCB GB as follows:

05 Feb I joined the GB for four BPA300 PCBs (Post#45).
12 Feb I transferred payment (USD51.75) to your Paypal account
(Transaction ID 6W774671A2074152G) (Post#113).
12 Feb You confirmed my payment in Post#114.
then, nothing happened.....................

07 Apr I emailed you the following information as per your
request in Post#297:
diyAudio ID
e-mail address
Postal address
Paypal receipt and transaction details
09 Apr I sent reminder in Post#318.
nothing happened again..................

I'll re-send the e-mail message again and please send me the PCBs ASAP if you still have those in hand.

Thanks
TS

rjm said:
I'm sorry to hear your account was locked Rhys. Once Paypal has the slightest suspicions about someone, they get really, really nasty and you are going to find it complete hell trying to get them to see it your way.

Of course filing Paypal disputes is about the only mechanism we have of protecting ourselves from fraud. It was a reasonable thing for me to ask people to do in light of the many concerns that had been brought to light.

Specifically, I emailed you last week about these concerns - and gave you the full weekend to respond. You didn't reply to me so on Monday I posted to ask people to file Paypal disputes.

All you needed to do was email me last weekend - that would have been enough to buy you a couple of weeks grace. You didn't... and amazingly you still haven't contacted me directly.

I honestly wonder whether you don't read half the emails you get. That would explain a lot.

Now you really are in a mess. I don't know what "locked" means exactly -- I would have thought you must still have access to the resolution center to try and resolve the disputes. If not, your only option is to work though the orders. Ask for the addresses by email if you don't have a record of them outside Paypal. Print out the addresses and ship the kits. The clock is ticking because Paypal will probably set a hard deadline before automatically returning the money to the buyer permanently.

Your comment that the money for shipping is locked up in Paypal strikes me as disingenuous. Technically that might be true, but surely you weren't withdrawing the funds from your Paypal account each time you went to the post office? You'll have no choice anyway but to cover the postage on your own expense, then pay back yourself later from Paypal once your account is released back to you.

While I was cautiously optimistic last night that things were looking up, I'm not prepared to ask people to cancel their disputes. Once a buyer marks a transaction as resolved, they cannot file another claim ---cancelling the dispute means throwing away their one chance of ever getting their money back in the event they don't get their order.

It's up to you to first get the kits and boards out to people. Only after that should they mark the dispute as resolved.

Richard, Im not going to ask people to close their disputes, that is their decision. Paypal have realised this is the only problem i have had in 4 or so years of using the service, they are investigating my account in the next 72 hours.

After further telephone contact, with a breif explanation of the situation they have agreed to release my account, but restricting me from sending payments. This will be sufficiant to get all the details and access the resolution centre. All i have to do is upload a few documents and they will do a review, which should not take long.

Im away from home today anyway, so that fits in nicely.

To all,

Guess what I got today. A nice thick stack of BPA pcb's. I will be distributing them out to the U.S. members starting this evening. I am hoping to get the boards in a standard envelope with cardboard backing and ship as regular correspondence. Should be about 75 cents per pair, which I will pay.

Rhysh, could you email me the paypal list you have and I will know who to send them to and who has paid. Thanks for your efforts. Anyone who has not done a Group Buy needs to experience it just once. It can be a real headache.
Anyway everyone should have there boards by first of next week.

Now who is going to step up and run a group buy on Lundahl transformers. They should be a perfect addition to this design. A truly balanced input source. Any takers. Alexw88 has the transformer model on his website. Shine7.com. I beleive Rhysh might be able to provide the model. Of course the op amp method works just fine.

Tad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.