• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BPA300 Round 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rhysh,
The wiki seems to be locked at this time. Are the paid entries correct to the best of your knowledge. I would like to begin sorting out the boards and placing them in envelopes.

To all members:

If you live in the United States and have paid for the BPA300 round 2 boards --- pcb only no kits -- please email me your full name, number of boards, postal address. Please also include your DIY AUDIO name. I would like to get these to you a.s.a.p.
They are rather small and fit easily into a stadard envelope. I will
mail them this way first class postage with a cardboard insert.
Rhysh is mailing me a few more to complete the order. We should be soldering this weekend. The job shop used some really good tape to package. I suggest you wipe with alcohol before you proceed.

Tad

tryonziess said:
Rhysh,
The wiki seems to be locked at this time.
It's not locked at all but you must log in first. Click at the Preferences first.

Rhys, you promised to update the wiki as soon as the status changes. I can't see any changes despite that you have shipped everything except for 8 people. This was the status last week. The purpose of the wiki is to have an accurate and immediate status information in order to let people feel secure.

Rhys, please answer!

Rhys,

Although you sent the boards on 8-May nothing has reached yet. I would like to have a copy of the receipt to verify the address (and also to verify that the shipping occurred at all, I'm really beginning to lose faith).
For your own reasons you do not answer my emails (28th, 30th, 31st and today). What is it with you?! Will another PayPal dispute do you any good?

As nothing like that ever happened to me, and I buy a lot on the web, I committed to that project and all (parts, transformers, capacitors, chassis, soft start, voltage regulation circuits, you name it) is ready and waiting for the boards to arrive.

Since some did get their boards from this group buy, I believe it is not a mere "take the money and run away" thing, buy what exactly is it, I find it very hard to tell.

Again, please answer emails and cooperate until this is resolved.

Shmulik

peranders said:

Rhys, you promised to update the wiki as soon as the status changes. I can't see any changes despite that you have shipped everything except for 8 people. This was the status last week. The purpose of the wiki is to have an accurate and immediate status information in order to let people feel secure.

Hi P-A.

Thanks for your efforts in solving this GB problem.

Since Rhys didn't response my post (#508) and answer my e-mail
,please advise whether my PCBs been shipped or my name is still
in the list of "8 people".

Cheers
TS

TS Lo said:

Hi P-A.

Thanks for your efforts in solving this GB problem.

Since Rhys didn't response my post (#508) and answer my e-mail
,please advise whether my PCBs been shipped or my name is still
in the list of "8 people".

Cheers
TS
I haven't solved the problem but I have put pressure on him. I don't know about the result though. The whole affair has been really embarrassing and the excuses have been rather lame and the general status information has been virtually non-existent.

Rhys has done a good job, don't forget that, but has been too good-hearted and taken more job than he was capable of. Besides that he has run a hidden group buy which I personally don't like. I think the whole deal should be 100% open. Then we know better if prices are reasonable and this add our trust to the organizer. The basic idea of a group buy according to me is that money is put up first THEN pcb's, parts are ordered and THEN delivered. Rhys has ordered more boards before the first batch was delivered and this is not the way to go. The group buy is LOT's more than the wiki has indicated so in percentage the problem has been small but very irritating.

Let's hope that the few left will get their boards soon and Rhys keep a low profile for some time unless he take help from someone acknowledged good organizer.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
peranders said:

Rhys has done a good job, don't forget that, but has been too good-hearted and taken more job than he was capable of. Besides that he has run a hidden group buy which I personally don't like.

Up until almost the end Rhys was reasonably upfront about reporting the situation on the Phonoclone 3 group buy. We didn't know exactly who had purchased what, but as a matter of privacy I think that is fair.

There was some confusion on the price as Rhys did the process iteratively: asking for interest, quoting a rough price, asking for commitment before coming out later with the final price, but that's excusable because - as you know - component prices vary a lot depending on the number ordered.

The big problems started when, about two weeks after he got all the components assembled, he shipped out one kit which was received ... without shipping the rest or explaining to anyone why he was not shipping the rest. Naturally everyone started to panic, especially when it became open knowledge that a couple of other kits he said were shipped had not arrived.

Although Rhys has been better recently on the communications side, in terms of deliveries I have no progress to report. Two missing shipments are still AWOL, and there is no news of more kits or boards shipped.

All this to say I'm reserving judgment on whether Rhys has done a good job or not until I can confirm delivery on more than 3 of the 14 known group buy orders.

silent members

Hi guys.

Every wiki member that paid for the boards/kits is worried about these thread. I´m pretty sure they are quiet just because WE (myself included in"they") do not want to polute the thread with repetitive claims.

I want to receive the stuff as everybody does.

Rhys:

Could you post a table, with the user names and estimated postage date? And IF you do, can you follow that table precisely?

If you can not do it, just tell us: I CAN NOT SUPPLY THE PRODUCTS.
Just pay us back and the problem becomes simpler.

I can not believe you spent the money we sent to you on another stuff than the boards and kits. And if so, it is YOUR duty to get the money back, or the boards ready.

SO, I´m sure you have the boards OR the money. IF not, we are in front of a serious problem. It is not just an organization matter.

BE A HONEST GUY: TELL US WHICH IS YOUR PROBLEM, and maybe we can help.

Hisatugo

I am still away, the only access to the internet is through my handheld. I have not responded to emails, they are waiting until i get home.

Of course i have the boards, tryonziess has a good 30 of them, not to mention that others that have allready arrived.

I cannot do anything at the moment, as i said i am currently away, spending time with a dying member of family. I will post when i get back.

some help offer

OK, let´s wait untill you return. My condolences...

I do offer you a help:

According to the WIKI list, there´s 2 brazilian members:

Me and fellow JC Fardo.

I can arrange shipping to him without any charge to you.

JUST SEND ALL BOARDS AT SAME PACK, and I will redirect the Fardo's stuff inside Brazil. If there's any other brazilian member, you can do only one shipping and I will redistribute the stuff here - on my duty.

My two drops.

Hisatugo.

Re: Re: Postal details request

rhysh said:

I have shipped, on the 26th. I will need to check with my postage receipts then i will update the wiki.

Rhysh,

eight days have now passed since you shipped my stuff but I havent received anything. Usually I get stuff from UK within 3-5 days .. Which carrier did you use ? Is there a tracking number ? Maybe it got lost in transport .. ? In that case I need the number on the receipt ..

Regards,
Jan

have my boards been posted?

Please could you do the same and leave me to get this group buy sorted out instead of trying to prove me as some kind of scammer. You will get your boards within the 14 days as agreed.

We agreed to this on 05-27-2009 04:32 PM

I have emailed my postal details to you……….

Okay, if you will be kind enough to send me your full postage details i will do that for you.

I am still waiting for response or update.....

BTW good work with batch shipment received by tryonziess, movement in the right direction :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.