• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Power Amp PSU Board (for e.g. LYNX Amp)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Board Prices

It looks like the boards are going to be roughly $18 each with a minimum quantity of 100 pieces.
The boards would be 3.55" x 11.5", .093 FR-4, with 2oz copper on both sides. Black soldermask on both sides and white silkscreen on the top side.
This is the cheapest quote I have received so far. I didn't think they would be quite this much, but these are big, thick boards with lots of copper.
Let me know what everyone wants to do. I will keep checking prices, and update the thread if I get a lower quote.

Thanks,
Donovan

Hi Donovan

Thanks for the update, these prices are OK with me. As you rightly point out they are big boards, but will also make a big PSU to handle all sorts of loads.

If you do find a cheaper quote then much better still.

As I said before, I will be in for at least 10 if this GB goes ahead.

Regards

Gary..

Donovan,

The price is a bit more than I would like to spend. I will still go ahead at this price but for a lesser quantity (maybe 6 instead of 10). I don't really know what 2oz of copper means in the real world but if this can be reduced without significantly impacting the quality of the boards then this would be my preffered option.

Just my 2 cents as a frugal DIYer.

Thanks for taking over the group buy. And thanks to Jan for developing the board.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ryan,
For a power supply like this, that is going to be used for higher power amps the thicker copper is really necessary. IMHO. These power supply boards are made to be used on larger amps with a higher average power draw, as well as better filtering.
There are other, smaller power supply boards available for smaller amps. They are a little bit cheaper (~$15) and much smaller. This PCB is at least 2-3 times the size and considerably thicker also.
I really don't think you can find a power supply board of this quality for anywhere near this price. If someone knows of one, please speak up. I would like to know about it. :)

Per-Anders,
Can you check with your supplier for pricing on these boards? If you can get the 95um copper for "free", it might make it cheaper for all of us.
I know I would prefer the 95um copper for these power supply boards.
Let me know if you would be willing to check on that for us.
Thanks,
Donovan

Landoctor said:
There are other, smaller power supply boards available for smaller amps. They are a little bit cheaper (~$15) and much smaller. This PCB is at least 2-3 times the size and considerably thicker also.
I really don't think you can find a power supply board of this quality for anywhere near this price. If someone knows of one, please speak up. I would like to know about it. :)

Given the characteristics described here, I doubt one could find a board manufacturer that would sell for muh less.

I would vote against leaving the solder mask out of the high current traces, but would go along with the group decision.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.