• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Mini-Group-Buy: Vishay-Roederstein MKP1837 bypass capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Luvdunhill,

If I understand it correctly, the part will be purchased outside US correct?

I just want to warn you if in case you are not aware of the US custom policy on the amount of incoming items from abroad.

I had an experienced when I ordered Amp kit from 41Hz worth around US$400. and it took several months to get the units.
The custom representative was initially asking for my phone number and later the copy of my income tax.

I told them forget it, I will not provide anything to them and told them to return the package to 41Hz and they did after several months.

Joe

joemana said:
Luvdunhill,

If I understand it correctly, the part will be purchased outside US correct?

I just want to warn you if in case you are not aware of the US custom policy on the amount of incoming items from abroad.

I had an experienced when I ordered Amp kit from 41Hz worth around US$400. and it took several months to get the units.
The custom representative was initially asking for my phone number and later the copy of my income tax.

I told them forget it, I will not provide anything to them and told them to return the package to 41Hz and they did after several months.

Joe

Joe:

I will be getting these parts through the US-based company Newark who will order them from Farnell due to their partnership. I have done this many times in the past and have had no additional fees other than the $15.00 per order surcharge. Thanks for the concern though!

Or i'm dumb but know what MKP1837s cost and sound like longer than Mr Ma-Gee knows how they taste.

Attachments

• roe kp1830.jpg
    roe kp1830.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 540
epco mkp ?

The Roederstein MKP1837 equals an EMZ B33531.
The B33531 number is Siemens, EMZ bought the production gear for this cap series, the Siemens cap division is Epcos nowadays.
Much better than the 10nF mkp1837 is a KS series, but only to 63V and i'm just about the only one who has them in biggy numbers.

A word from the Pass Sponsor :

I regard this as a religious argument thing. I think religions are good and useful, and arguments between religious beliefs are interesting, and like the Jerry Springer show, even entertaining, but the fact is that solid information is hard to come by.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.