• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Hi Jens,

I have been swamped at work, and ended up running the AF4/PSU2.2 buy and haven't had a chance to generate the gerbers and order protos. My life looks ready to calm down shortly, but if you can generate the gerbers it would be a great help.

Good to see your happy baby!

//Bob

I've been looking and have not found a build link for the Leach Preamp build. Is anyone aware of one? All I can find on the subject is the original dating way back when I was subscribing to Audio Magazine. I have built two Low TIM amps of the 4.X variety with the Signal 68-8 transformer in the recommended power supply. That goes to show you how old they are! I thought that with all of the renewed interest in the Leach Low TIM Amp that there might be some interest in a group build of the Preamp. I for one would be interested in building along with the latest thinking for the power supply. I want to have the tone controls built into my preamp along with RIAA for my old vinyl. Any interest??
Ray Corte
(San Jose, CA)

The above link from far! is the exact Preamp that I was refering to. Weather or not the design holds up to today's standards, I'm not sure. But if it's as good at the Low TIM Amp there is no question in my mind. My Amps are still playing and have not been modified since day one. If we can get a group buy going, I'm in. I already emailed the Leach site and had no reply. So I assume they are no longer selling the boards.

Ray
(San Jose, CA)

Is this GB dead?

Do I get the filling that this post is dead or dying?

I was just looking for a few good leach clone pcbs and all of the sudden it branched out to several versions.

What is it required to get it kick started?

I may be able to help to get it kick started.

Thanks
groov

Just when I thought I was going to have a little time and started the active filter and PSU group buy, work went crazy.

I've asked Jens for permission to pass the baton (gerber and .brd files, too). I've been too busy to acknowledge the offers I have had to pick it up, sorry. I expect to hear from Jens shortly.

Groove,
if you go to the beginniing of this thread you will see where I put together a group buy for the 10 transistor version of the Leach amp with Jens Rasmussen designed board. A picture of the pcb and bom can be found at delta-audio.com.
The board we are waiting on now is a super leach design which has not been built or prototyped.
I have been giving some serious though to putting together another group buy for the Leach 10 transistor board.

If there is any interest in this please state it in this thread. Regards Tad

P.s. Bob you are doing a fabulous job keep it up.

tryonziess said:
Groove,
if you go to the beginniing of this thread you will see where I put together a group buy for the 10 transistor version of the Leach amp with Jens Rasmussen designed board. A picture of the pcb and bom can be found at delta-audio.com.
The board we are waiting on now is a super leach design which has not been built or prototyped.
I have been giving some serious though to putting together another group buy for the Leach 10 transistor board.

If there is any interest in this please state it in this thread. Regards Tad

P.s. Bob you are doing a fabulous job keep it up.

Bob,

I am in the wiki for 4 standard clones boards.... I am making an offer to help this GB to see if it can go forward. Looking back at the thread ,it seems to me, there hasn't been any updates as to when new boards may be available, whether standard or super leach.

Not being pushy but just shaking the dust a wee bit.

My offer still open.

regards

Bob,
Do I understand you correctly? The gerbers have been completed and all we need is to have the job shop make the proto boards.
I would be willing to purchase a set of boards and assemble. I can do basic tests with my O scope. Let me know. I am sure there is someone more qualified to do these tests than myself.
Tad

I do not know if it is just summer or what, but there are not too many new projects out here to build at the moment. I wish someone would implement a jfet frontend for the Leach.

Yes, there are gerbers for all three versions. I was hoping to get a combination of front end and standard output to reduce prototyping costs. Remember that there are three new boards that need to be tested - Front end, super output, regular output.

I found the audio precision offer for prototyping. Hopefuly he still has time.