• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

Original Leach clone PCB design

Hi Tad,

A while back you mentioned you were entertaining thoughts about a second group buy of the Leach clone board. I'm in the current wiki for two front ends and two standard output boards, but I'd be happy with the original boards, too. How is the outlook for a group buy of the original design??

Thanks,
Keith

Leach boards....

I am interested in building the Leach 4.5. I've already found a great deal on ebay for MJ15001 and MJ15002's...@ $9.99 for five of each plus the shipping. I found a box here with caps, bridge, and transformer. I also found the heat sinks on ebay. All I need is the boards and the small parts and I ready to go. Ebay is still selling the output transistors here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/5x-MJ15001-5x-M...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Anybody willing to part with some boards you have stashed? Send me an email.

Re: Leach boards....

brutepuppy said:
I am interested in building the Leach 4.5. I've already found a great deal on ebay for MJ15001 and MJ15002's...@ $9.99 for five of each plus the shipping. I found a box here with caps, bridge, and transformer. I also found the heat sinks on ebay. All I need is the boards and the small parts and I ready to go. Ebay is still selling the output transistors here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/5x-MJ15001-5x-M...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Anybody willing to part with some boards you have stashed? Send me an email.

I thought this PCB supports TO-264 transistor package, not TO-3. The e-Bay price is MUCH less than I have sourced for plastic package transistors

Yes, this board is laid out for TO-264 parts. If you want to use TO-3 you could run short wires to the sockets like the original Leach does.

Mouser gets $2.12 each if you buy 500 MJ15001, over $5 under 100 pieces. Newark gets $2.86 at 25 pieces, and $1.88 at 2500.

Those are down in the range of MJE15030s (TO-220) Anyone else smell a batch of fakes?

Newark wants $2.75 for 25 pieces of MJL3281AG and $2.73 for 25 ea. MJL1302AG, (special promo price). That's where I'd spend my money for these boards if I didn't need MJL4802's extra SOA. The aggravation of potential fakes blowing up and taking out my speakers isn't worth the potential savings in my book. Of course nobody has the MJL1302 in stock at the moment...

There are several wiki's for the Leach amps. The original 10 transistor version which is closed and the new one for the super Leach amp. The super Leach is and has been in the prototype stage for about a year.
What I am proposing here is group buy of the Leach 10 transistor amp. This is the one which was closed and I am going to do round 2. Tad

Fred,

One of our members was hoping to get time soon to prototype the new super/conventional Leach layout with separate input and output boards. He thought that the big projects he had at work would wind down around now.

I'm spending too much time with work lately to DIY :( Not that it will keep me from picking up a few extra boards for the future.

tryonziess said:
What I am proposing here is group buy of the Leach 10 transistor amp. This is the one which was closed and I am going to do round 2. Tad

Is there a place (like a new column in the wiki) where we can get an accurate count for this proposed group buy? I think it would be worthwhile.

Attachments

• super_leach_ver_7_2_(medium).jpg
    super_leach_ver_7_2_(medium).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 454