• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Jens Rasmussen Leach clone group buy

My biggest concern would be noise at idle (as I listen to my NAD 216's hissing away)

Rob, The 10 transistor boards from the original design which I have, and listen to quite often, do not make any noise at all with my ear right next to the speaker. The board layout, design and choice of components for this project produces an amplifier good enough that I sold off my Mcintosh equipment and replaced with these Leach amps --- except the MR-78.
You would not have to populate the board with anymore output devices than you need to drive your particular speakers. The On Semi 4281 devices are not cheap and if you match them leaving out a few could save a tidy sum.

BOB,
Did I read your last post correctly where you have the files for ONE complete board with frontend/output together? Tad

Not quite Tad -- I have separate files for each board for production.

In addition, Jens combined the front end board and the extended output board into one panel to take maximum advantage or the $33 special. That way we can get 5 prototype boards (minimum order) for $132 + shipping + $50 multiple part fee instead of having to pay $132 + shipping twice. It saves $100 in prototype costs.

The front end and super amp output combination adds up to 62 in^2 with a 60 in^2 limit for the special.

On a down note, the gerbers were generated without part numbering on the silkscreens. I've asked Jens to regenerate them, but he may be busy for a while. :(

Professor Leach's boards didn't have part numbers. While not impossible to build it is a bit more tedious. I've put the prototype boards on hold until we know whether we'll be able to get part numbered silk screens.

Sam -

Jens will not have time to do another regulator board for this project. There is another group buy of his PSU2.2 brewing, see the WIKI. It can be scaled to higher voltages. I've got a set scaled to 65V with a parts list on my web page.

There will be one front end board, specifically a super amp. If you compare the Low TIM and Super amp schematics, you'll see that by omitting a few parts and placing a few jumpers you can convert a super amp front end to a standard low TIM.

Hope this helps.

BobEllis said:
Not quite Tad -- I have separate files for each board for production.

In addition, Jens combined the front end board and the extended output board into one panel to take maximum advantage or the $33 special. That way we can get 5 prototype boards (minimum order) for $132 + shipping + $50 multiple part fee instead of having to pay $132 + shipping twice. It saves $100 in prototype costs.

The front end and super amp output combination adds up to 62 in^2 with a 60 in^2 limit for the special.

On a down note, the gerbers were generated without part numbering on the silkscreens. I've asked Jens to regenerate them, but he may be busy for a while. :(

Professor Leach's boards didn't have part numbers. While not impossible to build it is a bit more tedious. I've put the prototype boards on hold until we know whether we'll be able to get part numbered silk screens.

hi all, I'm at the hospital at the moment - My wife gave birth to our first child 3 days ago......everything is fine.

Ill see what I can do when we get home!
///Jens

Congratulations Jens and Mrs. R! But, as the saying goes, without pictures there is no project :clown:

Psst! [whisper] You might want to be sure she doesn't catch you posting on this board for the next few days. ;) [/whisper]

Seriously, Jens, don't rush. We can wait. You have MUCH more important things to do at the moment.

//Bob

BobEllis said:
Congratulations Jens and Mrs. R! But, as the saying goes, without pictures there is no project :clown:

Psst! [whisper] You might want to be sure she doesn't catch you posting on this board for the next few days. ;) [/whisper]

Seriously, Jens, don't rush. We can wait. You have MUCH more important things to do at the moment.

//Bob

We are home from the hospital - all is well :)

Janni and Jeppe (my son) are sleeping, so I dare to post this picture of Jeppe and me. (Jeppe is ½ an Hour on this pic)

Sorry for my hair - we had been at it for 23 hours :)

I made a mistake when I generated ther gerbers and forgot to choose the Ref layer. I will sort it out as soon as I have an hour to spare.

\\\Jens

Attachments

• ½_time_gammel (medium).jpg
    ½_time_gammel (medium).jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,257