Best Tang Band for first time project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The response for that Tang Band w4-1052SA you mentioned looks a little ragged (FUBAR actually), and I wouldn't even try it for full-range use. Sorry.

The TB W4-1320SB 4" driver that Landroval suggested does indeed have an impressively smooth and extended manufacturer-supplied measured response almost to 15kHz, but it costs $40. But I think it looks very promising.

For my center channel driver I ordered both the W3-879S and the W3-881SD, expecting to use one myself and give away the other one. I liked the cast aluminum frame of the 881SD, and the light, compact, well-shielded motor. I also like the plain but rugged look of the light brown poly cone and dust cap, as opposed to the black paper cone and black phase plug. I didn't like the thin sheetmetal frame of the 879S. So I'm happy with the way the 881SD sounds so far from its shoebox on top of the TV. But it could use a little more treble, so the W4-1320SB looks tempting, even at over twice the cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.