Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Fostex FE206En

Just finished this FE206En build, my second pair of full range speakers.
Fostex recommended back loaded horn enclosure.
MDF and solid oak panels on front.

13985813894_5c27571fe8_z.jpg

13982175272_51f3bda1de_z.jpg

13985437025_1014164eec_z.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build there Matt. Are you happy with the sound of Fostex's in what looks like a lively room? Are the drivers broken in?

Oh, my wife wants her cutting boards back ;)

Hi Cal. The speakers are for my brother and will soon be moving house to a more 'speaker friendly' room. The drivers have probably only had 50 or so hours so far. Nonetheless, being used to my FE126Ens, the speakers sound fantastic, even in these circumstances. I originally thought I may need a circuit to tame the mid-high end, but they really do not sound as 'shouty' as I thought they may.

Matt

They look great. I like the way you used the wood for design. It also stiffens the front. Well done.

I also like your source, a T-amp and a Macbook. Really incredible how times have changed. I never use my $1600 tube CD player anymore... but it does sound great. Typically I'm running Pandora.com and enjoying what I hear.
Try iTunes Rdaio. I think it is better.
MattWW: classy looking Fostex speakers. I have a pair also in same box.

Hi all, thought i post some of my experimental mini full range portable speaker, with toddler around & small house it's difficult to have full size around. amp used TPA3110 & PAM8803. itunes card just for size comparison.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes mhouston a woody is always nice!

I'm listening to: Bluebird Fly by Jessica Lee

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)
No woody but I'm listening to a Italian jazz duo - piano and trumpet, on my 0.5mW UX-171A power amp (intermezzo) driven by my newly finished tube and jFET buffer preamp -Parley. Had to chase a buzz this morning but now even through my Fostex FE206s - absolutely dead quiet. The best sound I have had from Intermezzo since I built it 12 months ago.