Full Range Speaker Photo Gallery

Well the weathers been bad the last few days so I snuck out to the shop and guess what? 36" Cornucopya.

I deserve a beer too. :)

Speaker widow barely noticed I was missing.

RS 40-1354A drivers compliments of planet10. xrk971 gave the horn dimensions and concept by Daniel Ciesinger.

Attachments

• IMG_2852.jpg
    IMG_2852.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 1,866
  • IMG_2862.jpg
    IMG_2862.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,844
Well the weathers been bad the last few days so I snuck out to the shop and guess what? 36" Cornucopya.

RS 40-1354A drivers compliments of planet10. xrk971 gave the horn dimensions and concept by Daniel Ciesinger.

Hey Cal how do those Cornucopyas sound? What are their strong points? Weak points?

I'm listening to: Yours by Sara Gazarek

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom Scata)

That looks great Cal!

As you mentioned in your off-line e-mail: Yes, I certainly do like those drivers a lot!
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

Oak Stands, made from new oak railway sleepers only cost £22, come very green. Solid brass spikes from eBay. Sat on a granite placemat on top of half squash balls on a Monacor spiked oak frame. Decoupled and isolated a few times...

A few pics from a show I did a few years ago, with the speaker they were designed for. (Not full range, when in use they had a tweeter on top but would work well with Alpair or similar).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Just one word: WOW!!!! :drool:

BIG.

Good: Strong bass. 5.25" drivers have no business sounding this big.

Bad: Peaks and valleys in the lower regions.

Thanks Cal now you have me intrigued. Would you possibly be willing to send me the plans at: thetubeguy1954@yahoo.com I'd really like to see how they sound myself!

I'm listening to: River: The Joni Letters by Herbie Hancock

Would you possibly be willing to send me the plans at:
Hi Tom,

Everything you need to know is in the link. The drawing, which has to be scaled up, is in post 2. If you know what driver you plan to use, XRK971 has been really helpful with the outside diameter and the channel depth. From then on you work primarily with the stuffing as it is critical to get right. So is room placement.

These aren't for everyone but they sure make a small driver sound big.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...ornu-spiral-horn-now-you-can.html#post3283675

Hi Tom,

Everything you need to know is in the link. The drawing, which has to be scaled up, is in post 2. If you know what driver you plan to use, XRK971 has been really helpful with the outside diameter and the channel depth. From then on you work primarily with the stuffing as it is critical to get right. So is room placement.

These aren't for everyone but they sure make a small driver sound big.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full...ornu-spiral-horn-now-you-can.html#post3283675

Cal thank you very much for that link.

I'm listening to: Close to the Edge by Yes

Yah, the Airbornes were quite a surprise - sounds like you got the earlier issue figured out with those - what was it?

And I'm kinda partial to the MarKens myself (currently my favorite drivers in that style are the EL70, and A7.3) - probably only because I've been too lazy to try out the 10P in anything other than the FHXL - which are great, but some guys just need a smaller enclosure.

Yah, the Airbornes were quite a surprise - sounds like you got the earlier issue figured out with those - what was it?

And I'm kinda partial to the MarKens myself (currently my favorite drivers in that style are the EL70, and A7.3) - probably only because I've been too lazy to try out the 10P in anything other than the FHXL - which are great, but some guys just need a smaller enclosure.
Looking forward to hearing the A7.3's ( hopefully ) this summer---

Hey Chris,
You'll notice I hadn't mentioned the mids. They were a tad shouty like some Fostex's so Dave added a small foam ring in behind the whizzer. When I got back here, my ears told me the foam caused a slight drop in the highs which my ears simply can't afford. I removed foam, waited for my ears to break-in and all is now well. That is an impressive cabinet. Not only in quality of craftsmanship but in quality of design.

Hi Don. :wave: