Karlsonator

Hi X - - Karlsonator12 is tuned to ~37Hz, Karlsonator8, 41Hz, and Karlsonator6, ~60Hz IIRC.

What might be a good Karlsontoar for FE206EN to get good punch and low cone excursion? I'm asking as theres a query on what would be good K-wise for FE206EN (and that I don't have a Karlsonator8 to test). K12 tune ~63Hz and offer good punch for FE206EN.

Also, I'm interested in a Karlsonator "10" size and woujld be happy with a solid 60Hz output. Beta10cx might not have enough resolution - perhaps a different lowpass would help a bit.

X ---- wonder if a little K-cavity/lens could be used as a tweeter/helper tweeter. Look at the 120 degree dispersion I got with a cheap "phenolic-ring" tweeter.

The cavity was wedge shape - like a regular K

086oLHT.jpg

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/282456-nice-tube-tweeter-6.html#post4529972

yj84vg5.gif

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Karlsonator is a different speaker alignment than original K15 style speaker. K15 from 1955 and its scaled variants are 8th order bandpass speakers with a K aperture acoustic lens.

The Karlsonator is a folded 1/4-wave mass loaded TL with a K aperture lens. It can be scaled and tuned much more effectively than the K15, which cannot be scaled below 12in relow. Smaller sizes have a much higher box tuning.

So Karlosnator does not have any slots, it has a TL vent at the top behind the K aperture.

Karlsonator is a different speaker alignment than original K15 style speaker. K15 from 1955 and its scaled variants are 8th order bandpass speakers with a K aperture acoustic lens.

The Karlsonator is a folded 1/4-wave mass loaded TL with a K aperture lens. It can be scaled and tuned much more effectively than the K15, which cannot be scaled below 12in relow. Smaller sizes have a much higher box tuning.

So Karlosnator does not have any slots, it has a TL vent at the top behind the K aperture.

Thank you so much for your answer. It's clear to me now. Can you give me some advice on how to dampen the hull? As well as for bg-20 (as shown in the photos on Facebook)?