TL-box for BG20 Visaton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Probably not, but since he's evidently new to this & English is not his first language, I figure a little extra help was appropriate.

TBH, I have my own spreadsheets with a variety of alignments I regularly use pre-loaded, so cranking out a Weems pipe doesn't take me all that long. The one above I tuned slightly low to damp down the LF a touch, then stuffed it through MJK's worksheets to provide some graphs. It should do OK.

No. No way. That's enough now. GM and I have given you dimensions for two perfectly decent cabinets, the second of which is very close indeed in layout to the one in your latest post. We're not going to spend our precious leisure time designing box after box after box as you constantly change your mind. I don't mind helping, but there are limits.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
No. No way. That's enough now. GM and I have given you dimensions for two perfectly decent cabinets, the second of which is very close indeed in layout to the one in your latest post. We're not going to spend our precious leisure time designing box after box after box as you constantly change your mind. I don't mind helping, but there are limits.

Three if you count the BIB.

No worries Greg. Sorry I haven't been in touch myself for a couple of weeks.

Weird you've had no thread updates. Might be a server glitch somewhere. :scratch1:

No problemo, life is pretty hectic for most folks these days. Mine is worse than ever! At least when I had a career I could afford to pay others to do what all is eating up my quality retirement time/$$$.

Just got one from this thread. Based on what I've learned yesterday, it was a yahoo mail 'thing' and possibly hacked account, so had to re-do it a bit by deleting some website's ability to email me along with a new PW.

I'm pretty sure yahoo and/or 'customer no service' AT&T in general has been responsible for my long time spotty thread emails from some forums, but not others, so the problem may not go away completely.

GM

Now that's a good idea. Perhaps we can come up with something. There's got to be some kind of easy way of doing it & it would certainly save a whole lot of time. Talk about it in my next email?

I had accumulated several drawing programs plus the one MJK uses in MathCad and each one proved to be too time consuming to learn for how little I would use it, so mentioned it to Dave many moons ago, but I gathered he stayed busier than a one arm paper hanger, so didn't pursue it.

By now, seems like he would have done all, or near all, the variations, so it would be just a matter of copy/pasting them into one doc and changing all the dims to letters; ditto a 'notes' sheet. Or am I being too ignorant/naive?

GM

Sounds favourite to me at least. Yeah, I know what you mean. I've got half a dozen CAD programmes here, & never had time to learn how to use them. You'd think there would be a market for something simpler for when you don't need to come up with a scale schematic for a 426 Max Wedge or similar, or spend a week ploughing through a 600 page manual, but I guess that'd be too obvious / simple to occur to the big software players. ;)

Last edited:
Likewise.

I almost don't like to tell him that, going by the driver specs. on the Visaton site at any rate, this is a lame box design. I stuck it through Martin's worksheets to confirm; LF output is heavily damped; not necessarily a bad thing, but one wonders exactly why they used an ML conical horn in this case when a simple untapered stuffed TL like the one I did above (I forgot about that one too) would give almost exactly the same results with a much simpler box. Oh well.

Last edited:
Likewise.

I almost don't like to tell him that, going by the driver specs. on the Visaton site at any rate, this is a lame box design. I stuck it through Martin's worksheets to confirm; LF output is heavily damped; not necessarily a bad thing, but one wonders exactly why they used an ML conical horn in this case when a simple untapered stuffed TL like the one I did above (I forgot about that one too) would give almost exactly the same results with a much simpler box. Oh well.

Hi Scottmoose!
I agree with you ... give this show a simple box with BG-20 Visaton.
thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.