MA EL70's...what's next??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

So...story...I bought a set of EL70's from Dave a while ago...very nice little speaker...but what didn't grab me is how they faded away at lower volumes...they just didn't keep their presence...

Which speaker does and still provide a full bodied bass with full, liquid mids and smooth highs??

Any size between 4" and 8" is fine...

I don't have the EL70's anymore...I passed them on to a friend for one of his projects :)

Thanks kindly!!!

Hey!!

Thanks for the reply!!

Well...at the time I had two amps...an RH84 build tube amp and my Virtue Audio TWO.2...didn't matter which one...

I'm thinking I need a more forward sounding speaker...not bright...more front row rather than back of the theater...

I have a Morel\Visaton build right now...using the KE25 ceramic tweeter...that is a very forward sounding tweeter that puts the performers right in my living room...

I was hoping to accomplish something like that in a single driver as I really have liked the single driver sound...mostly LOL!!!

Here was my MA measurement...I thought it measured very well!!

Like I said, if they would have given me a bit more presence at lower volumes, I would have been extremely happy!!

Oh...and I looked at that chart...my low volumes are around 60db...normal listening is around 70'ish db...that's where I need performance...

Attachments

• Mark Audio EL70 DEQX Measurement.jpg
    Mark Audio EL70 DEQX Measurement.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 191
Or maybe what I should have done is learned about the DEQX more before I passed those on...I could have programmed a curve in for lower volumes and set up one of my Profiles specifically for that!!

I got the MA's right before I got my DEQX...my bad LOL!!!

Ok Dave...anything else I need to be taught?? :D

Hello

So...story...I bought a set of EL70's from Dave a while ago...very nice little speaker...but what didn't grab me is how they faded away at lower volumes...they just didn't keep their presence...

Which speaker does and still provide a full bodied bass with full, liquid mids and smooth highs??

Any size between 4" and 8" is fine...

I don't have the EL70's anymore...I passed them on to a friend for one of his projects :)

Thanks kindly!!!

To bad I would have bought them off you due to them no longer being made:(.

Even though I have not heard it, based on the experience of those who did, the Emken with Eminence 12 lta may be the speaker that is able to sound good even on low volumes, has a good "presence" and if needed, can sound loud, too :)
Dave, pls correct me if I am wrong...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.