Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th August 2012, 07:55 PM   #21
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet10 View Post
Actually laser interferometry may not be able to look at what we need to look at to determine what EnABL does. I'm guessing that a microFlown might be the more appropriate tool -- and to get the most out of it you'd need an anechoic facility, so a milliom bucks would be a budget facility.

dave
Nifty, but it should show up in the holograms just as well and show you the patterns.

I concluded my crude attempts at doping the 125's. Quite successful for a safe only one pair experiment. The "conclusion" from my experiments is that if one wanted one all done up, they should just see you. Quite educational. I would not have given as much weight to the mods had I not dabbled in it a bit myself. The real payoff is in better ability to read OEM data sheets and to know how to buy a driver that does not need to be fixed up. That is the path I intend to stay on. Love that reed paper Seas.....
Old 8th August 2012, 08:05 PM   #22
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

Best Nearfield DIY speaker for PC listening
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 8th August 2012, 08:15 PM   #23
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
Nifty, but it should show up in the holograms just as well and show you the patterns.
Laser interferometry lets you look at the cone. MicroFlown looks at the air being driven by the cone, they do no show the same things.

Quote:
I concluded my crude attempts at doping the 125's. Quite successful for a safe only one pair experiment. The "conclusion" from my experiments is that if one wanted one all done up, they should just see you.
I saw you post that you were going to take them over to Doug's to try in his cab. Yesterday i just finished up a colour matched set for our proto Fonken125T which will free up a set. I thot i might ask if he'd like to borrow the spare set (me knowing that it would give you a chance to evaluate them too) -- i've not had a chance to contact him about that yet (Hey Dougie!!!)

dave
Old 8th August 2012, 11:04 PM   #24
ODougbo is offline ODougbo  United States
diyAudio Member

Well Sir, I would be honored. I'm sure my MD counterpart would be very excited to audition them also.

Doug
Old 8th August 2012, 11:21 PM   #25
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

OK, i'll get them together.... and send you an email with conditions (easy to meet)

dave
Old 8th August 2012, 11:37 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

I should have an upgraded pair of boxes done by the time they arrive; now that there is a mission, that would be a sure bet (-; (-;
Old 8th August 2012, 11:57 PM   #27
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Given the differential between how quick you get things done, and i get things done -- particularily given that i'm also prepping for VI diyFEST, i'd bet on you

dave
Old 9th August 2012, 01:17 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default The Truth Is

I had a head start
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0343.JPG (263.5 KB, 335 views)
Old 10th August 2012, 12:46 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Second construction pic.

Cut length for backs and sides at same time - the box self alines square (because of the "triangle") for glue/clamping.

This is a dry fit; cork next, then glue/clamp up on corner of work bench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg W box III.JPG (213.1 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by ODougbo; 10th August 2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: (because of the "triangle")
Old 11th August 2012, 12:21 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Default Still plugging along

Pic 3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg W box IV (2).JPG (204.5 KB, 277 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!