Please recommend a desktop fullranger?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually laser interferometry may not be able to look at what we need to look at to determine what EnABL does. I'm guessing that a microFlown might be the more appropriate tool -- and to get the most out of it you'd need an anechoic facility, so a milliom bucks would be a budget facility.

dave

Nifty, but it should show up in the holograms just as well and show you the patterns.

I concluded my crude attempts at doping the 125's. Quite successful for a safe only one pair experiment. The "conclusion" from my experiments is that if one wanted one all done up, they should just see you. Quite educational. I would not have given as much weight to the mods had I not dabbled in it a bit myself. The real payoff is in better ability to read OEM data sheets and to know how to buy a driver that does not need to be fixed up. That is the path I intend to stay on. Love that reed paper Seas.....

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Nifty, but it should show up in the holograms just as well and show you the patterns.

Laser interferometry lets you look at the cone. MicroFlown looks at the air being driven by the cone, they do no show the same things.

I concluded my crude attempts at doping the 125's. Quite successful for a safe only one pair experiment. The "conclusion" from my experiments is that if one wanted one all done up, they should just see you.

I saw you post that you were going to take them over to Doug's to try in his cab. Yesterday i just finished up a colour matched set for our proto Fonken125T which will free up a set. I thot i might ask if he'd like to borrow the spare set (me knowing that it would give you a chance to evaluate them too) -- i've not had a chance to contact him about that yet (Hey Dougie!!!)

dave

The Truth Is

I had a head start :D

Attachments

• DSCN0343.JPG
    DSCN0343.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 421
Second construction pic.

Cut length for backs and sides at same time - the box self alines square (because of the "triangle") for glue/clamping.

This is a dry fit; cork next, then glue/clamp up on corner of work bench.

Attachments

• W box III.JPG
    W box III.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 391
Last edited:
If two-way is not prohibited then maybe a TB W3-1723 coaxial speaker in small BR...
Max
You can play a coaxial really loud without scrambling/degrading/shaking the treble with cone movement/excursion. With a coaxial, the inbuilt tweeter won't be doing any flopping about if you happen to use more than a few watts during exuberant playback. The effort for passive filters doesn't seem to be more difficult than a full range, in some cases. For transparency, we'd just need to avoid RC noise in the crossover by avoiding coaxial that have high LE figures.

Absolutely!...we may have to have a East Coast "Fest" right here in MD.

(or we can van pool to Canada)

The new 125wk's for audition have not arrived; I'm sure the West Coast folks have their hands full right about now.

I'd like to have some folks listen to the pair on post #33, they are sounding very nice. Way bigger sound than they look.

Who dat? Can I play in the sandbox, too? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.