CSS EL70 MLTL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CSS EL70 MLTL or Derwent ??

Hi,

Just purchased a kit from CSS (I've heard so much about the EL70, I had to try it) and I intend to build the MLTL as shown from the CSS web site here ; Creative Sound - Product Details

The MLTL plan is great but is seems to be missing the exact location of the port, I believe this is important for a MLTL. As someone built these and would know the location of the port, please also feel free to comment about the sound.

Thanks in advance, this will most probably end up in my daughter's room. Thanks for the design Scott ;-)

p.s. Would the enclosure called Derwent produce more bass compare to the MLTL or even the full blown version of Mar-Kel70 ? I'm not expecting great bass from such a small driver but I have the Needle Cyburgs in my son's room (corner loaded) and it's pretty impressive for a 3 inch driver.

Eric

Last edited:
One can see/estimate from the plan that the port CL is perhaps 1.75 in / 45mm from the interior bottom.
One also has the option of a bottom entry.
While port location is important, great precision is placement is not required.

Hi,

Just purchased a kit from CSS (I've heard so much about the EL70, I had to try it) and I intend to build the MLTL as shown from the CSS web site here ; Creative Sound - Product Details

The MLTL plan is great but is seems to be missing the exact location of the port, I believe this is important for a MLTL. As someone built these and would know the location of the port, please also feel free to comment about the sound.

Thanks in advance, this will most probably end up in my daughter's room. Thanks for the design Scott ;-)

Eric

I didn't do all that good a job with that drawing, The vent should be as close to the bottom as possible.

dave

Hi Dave and all DIY full rangers,

Has anyone heard the Derwent, is it similar sounding as the MLTL ? I'm just trying to decide besides the 2 enclosures since the foot print is similar, based on the Derwent plans it looks like it goes down to 50Hz.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

EL 70s gone? Now what. How can procrastination take so long?

Tell me about it! Back when I thought I had sufficient retirement income, I bought up as many RS drivers on closeout of the popular ones as I could, planning to prototype a number of different designs for each, then sell them off locally at cost; but here I am 12 yrs later with having done only one and with statistically zero interest in these now, it would be a waste of time/$$$ and seriously doubt there's even enough need for them as replacements to recover my initial cost, much less with inflation.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.