Bought from the local garbage dump for $8 pair.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1. The midrange is a Philips AD5060/SQ. They have a plastic enclosure over the rear.

2. The tweeter is a Philips AD0160T.

3. If what is shown is all there is to the "crossover", it's laughable. The drivers are good enough to deserve better. The thing under the small plywood square will almost certainly be an inductor - a coil of wire bound with yellow tape.

Their internal wiring suggests homemade, but the rebating on the baffle for the drivers looks "factory". Maybe they were a kit, but in that case I would again have expected a better crossover.

Just joined to seek out information and show these babies that I bout for 4 buck each after someone threw them away.

Absolutely beautiful sound and can handle some volume.

The 12" is a Richard Allan CG12 and that's all I know. Havent checked the tweeter as of yet.

Pretty happy with them. Although running a $600 sherwood 7.1 reasonably new amp (with 6 other smaller speakers), so dont know if something in similar price range would bring the sound out better.

OK. Which part of the country has such endowed dumps?
Cheers
Doug (Brisbane)

Cool stuff, Richard Allan drivers are good. I have a pair of CG10T that I like a lot. These woofers could be grea for an Econo-Wave project in this very enclosure, assuming CG12 works good in there.

I've attached some info and parameters (might be better to measure your own though) for you.

IG

Attachments

• Richard Allan CG12 data 1.jpg
    Richard Allan CG12 data 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Richard Allan CG12 data 2.jpg
    Richard Allan CG12 data 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 143
  • Richard Allan CG12 data 3.jpg
    Richard Allan CG12 data 3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 148
  • richard-allen-drivers.jpg
    richard-allen-drivers.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 147
1. The midrange is a Philips AD5060/SQ. They have a plastic enclosure over the rear.

2. The tweeter is a Philips AD0160T.

3. If what is shown is all there is to the "crossover", it's laughable. The drivers are good enough to deserve better. The thing under the small plywood square will almost certainly be an inductor - a coil of wire bound with yellow tape.

Their internal wiring suggests homemade, but the rebating on the baffle for the drivers looks "factory". Maybe they were a kit, but in that case I would again have expected a better crossover.

Cheers heaps for that info. I might have a further look for anymore XO activity as yes does seem a little strange; very capable sounds coming out as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.