EL70 Floor-standing Choices

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The mar-Kel70 floor standers were finally finished this weekend. I built them for a friend so unfortunately they had to leave. The sound is excellent (as expected!)

Kyle

Attachments

• IMG_8982.JPG
    IMG_8982.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_8992.JPG
    IMG_8992.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8993.JPG
    IMG_8993.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 190
I still have the set I bought from Bob at the 2011 fest in a pair of mMars. :) But, I would not want to be without a pair of EL70s, the sound is too good and there are so many cabinet options.

I am really looking forward to making use of the EL166s and LDX25s that I won this year. Have you had any time to look at a mini Onken style box for the 166?

Kyle

Attachments

• EL166 TRAPEZOID ONKEN.JPG
    EL166 TRAPEZOID ONKEN.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 166
Lucky!

Very lucky indeed! Terry, Cal, and I made out like bandits.

I started something over a year ago. I really liked the look of Colin's BR boxes with the EL166 + ERT26. This is as far as I got:

Nice! That looks like it'd be a hefty box! I liked Colin's stuff too. Ideally I'd like to have the EL166 in it's own box and then be able to pair either a full-range driver in it's own sealed box above or a tweeter.

Dave is going to eNable the EL166's as per the prize. I can't wait to see the result!

KM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.