Mar-Kel70 in Sweden

Not yet. So far it is just a 1st pass drawing. But if you look at a FonkenPrime vrs a FonkenFloorstander Mk2 you'll get the idea. It could also be used with out the add-on base and a slight port mod as a wall mount (you'd likely have to EQ out the bump at the bottle -- an anti-BSC filter?)

dave

Interesting... Well, as you might know i'm planning on a floorstander with either EL70 or Alpair 10.2 ;)

By the way, i sent you an e-mail a couple of days ago but you haven't answered it yet :S

690mm. No FR as no one has built these yet. Performace will be brodly similar to the Mar-Kel, just more dynamic & loudness capability & more whack in the bass.

I need to updat ethe planset with these, which you are entitled to.

dave

Interesting ;)
So it will sound like a "bigger" Mar-Kel70, that's interesting ;)

I still have the problem with my room. I will talk to a guy who works with acoustics (Sounds of Science |) and see if he can help me in anyway to solve my problems.

Can you post a sketch of your room with the furniture

dave

My paint-skills are less than 0. I will take some pictures with the camera and let you see. I'm sorry for the mess, i just can't be arsed to clean it up haha :p

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Well, this thread, more reading and talking to Dave has led me to start down the road of a Twin EL70 floor standing speaker. Hopefully all goes well and I still have all the digits I started with.

I figure that the veneer/finish is going to be the toughest part anyways.

Well, this thread, more reading and talking to Dave has led me to start down the road of a Twin EL70 floor standing speaker. Hopefully all goes well and I still have all the digits I started with.

I figure that the veneer/finish is going to be the toughest part anyways.

Yeah. I've been thinking of the same thing, but extended bottom containing a front-firing CSS SDX7 to get some more punch in the bass and a maybe a little more depth. I was thinking though, that i guess i want it quite close to the other drivers if i want to XO and 80Hz or higher. I don't know yet how high i would like to XO if i'd like to build one. I also thought of having it in the same box as the EL70 but that would most likely not work i suppose.

I've also been thinking of placing one of the EL70 on top, what would i gain/lose by doing so? If i build, it will probably be 18mm (if it fits on one sheet) or 18mm particle board or MDF. 356€ is a little pricey for the drivers, excluded shipping.

ImageShack Album - 4 images

I know that the wall behind the speaker (from door to window) is 220cm. From wardrobe to window i guess around 310cm. The wall which the window is on is approximately a little less than 400cm. I think the room is a little smaller than 400x400, the wall behind the speaker a little shorter. I sit a little less than 3m away from the speakers.

Again, i apologize for the mess :)