Mpl - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Full Range

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th June 2010, 02:58 AM   #121
diyAudio Member

Some Photos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Micro MPL Front.jpg (73.9 KB, 696 views)
File Type: jpg Micro MPL Driver.jpg (89.0 KB, 685 views)
File Type: jpg Micro MPL Back.jpg (91.3 KB, 682 views)
Old 29th June 2010, 09:53 AM   #122
graaf is offline graaf  Poland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim Gerhard View Post
Some Photos

the idea of glass bowl enclosure is really nice!

some news from FR-"omni"/flooder camp:

first - an obviously Carlsson's "Cube" inspired AudioPro "Qube" speakers:
http://www.audiopro.se/media.php?id_file=527

they are not actually brand new as I have found a review of them from 2005 ( Qube - en fyrkantig liten hgtalare med stort ljud - Component ) but I have just come across them, never heard of them before

in the review we can read that "the former Carlsson speaker designer Stephan Wnqvist is involved in - and it is not surprising either, since he now is director of research and development of AudioPro"

second - Yoshii Hiroyuki "Timedomain" licensed Sharp Aquos Home theater speakers:
ƒVƒAƒ^[ƒ‰ƒbƒNƒVƒXƒeƒ€ uBD-MPC70vbAQUOS ƒI[ƒfƒBƒIbƒAƒNƒIƒXFƒVƒƒ[ƒv

I hope that with such mass consumer oriented systems the idea will finally make its way into the mainstream
Sharp speakers look beautiful and at the same time they follow strictly the complete set of Timedomain design principles, just like original "Yoshii 9" loudspeakers

best!
graaf
Attached Images
File Type: jpg artbild-audiopro_qube_5.jpg (29.9 KB, 638 views)
File Type: jpg 4974019560601.jpg (89.5 KB, 564 views)

Last edited by graaf; 29th June 2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 29th June 2010, 10:15 AM   #123
diyAudio Member

Hi Graaf,
If you're interested, PM your e-mail via the forum and I can send you the last patents Stig Carlsson filed. It was meant to be his crown juvels. Sadly he died before they were finished.
There are some people in Sweden that are building a three-way he patented. Patents has expired now so no problems copying them.

Peter
Old 29th June 2010, 11:12 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbrorsson View Post
Hi Graaf,
If you're interested, PM your e-mail via the forum and I can send you the last patents Stig Carlsson filed.
yes please! thank You!

the mail is: graaf (at) wp.pl

Quote:
There are some people in Sweden that are building a three-way he patented. Patents has expired now so no problems copying them.
Peter
can You post any details on those projects, links etc.?

best!
graaf
Old 29th June 2010, 12:01 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

another picture of Audio Pro flooders

they surely are nice, getting a lot favourable reviews in the net, and they deliver all practical advantages of a flooder but I am sure that sound quality wise going two-way, bass reflex and on a budget has to mean that ultimate quality available from such a system just has to be lost

and while it is quite admirable that a mainstream speaker manufacturer like Audo Pro took up the concept at all I think that they were not confident in what they were doing, obviously fearing of commercial failure, therefore the realization of the concept took safe form of a speaker that is first of all cheap and safely advertised mainly as rear speaker for HC systems
I am sure that it is doing great job as rear in HC but the promise of the concept is not yet fulfilled
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hiend11.jpg (94.7 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by graaf; 29th June 2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:24 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

You can find all relevant information about Carlson speakers here :

CarlssonPlanet.com • Everything about the Carlsson loudspeakers
Old 29th June 2010, 08:41 PM   #127
el`Ol is offline el`Ol  Germany
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Hi Graaf,
If you're interested, PM your e-mail via the forum and I can send you the last patents Stig Carlsson filed. It was meant to be his crown juvels. Sadly he died before they were finished.

Peter
Thanks, Peter. Could be something for the next winter. Meanwhile the image of my system has stabilized in front of the speakers (it has quasi inverted). Not what I intended, but I can live with it for some time.

Last edited by el`Ol; 29th June 2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 30th June 2010, 07:22 PM   #128
diyAudio Member

Hi el' Ol,
I gather you got the patent and link from graaf?
It's odd but I was 7 years when I got the first contact with Carlsson speakers and that memory has stuck somehow. I have listened to many Carlsson models but never bought, despite that I liked the sound. What's impressing with them is the lower mids are 'connected' with the bass. Reduction of floor bounce mayhaps.

I think it's more a problem of peoples perception of how a speaker 'should' look like, that gets in the way of not buying a Carlsson. At least it was for me.
Anyway, I have located a pair in Wienna. The owner does not know which model it is, as they have been stored for ~15 years. I will try to wiggle them out of him, he is not willing to sell them yet, but I will persist. From his memory it sounds like it is OA2212.

Cheers,
Peter

Last edited by peterbrorsson; 30th June 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 10th July 2010, 03:24 AM   #129
diyAudio Member

Hi there Joachim Gerhard: The MPL thread started out about "driver" construction, with impressive interium results... what direction is this project headed? ...regards, Michael
Old 10th July 2010, 10:32 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

We are working on a 20cm wideband driver. Actually in my MPL i use it up to 8kHz and then cross over to a horn ribbon.
There will be a DIY version of that driver with neodymium magnet because the Alnico version will be very expensive. That driver will go to 15kHz so a tweeter is not absolutely neccesary for the pusist.
My supplier is working on a new basket and the magnet system so we need some more time.

Hide this!Advertise here!